Saturday 15 October 2016

A wee mix ...


15 October


Kile arrived here yesterday straight from school and it looks like we will be having him every Friday, but just for the one night. He is here because he has IT homework to do again. Normally he doesn’t have access to a computer or printer at home, that’s why he’s here now. It does annoy me that this work is being given out without any thought as to if the child has access at home. Kile is lucky, he can come here to do his, but what of the others? I can’t believe he is the only one in the same position in the school.


They have now been allocated a council house. It’s in the same village and guess what? It’s opposite the local comprehensive school. Even so, they still can’t get Kile a place in there. That means he will still have to get the bus into town to go to Etone, walking past the local one twice a day. How stupid can a system get eh?   


My plan for today was to get ready to go into town but right now I’m feeling very tired again, not as bad as yesterday but still tired. Of course, I would be sat down on my scooter but even so, when I’m this tired I start making mistakes and out on my scooter could be a tad dangerous for others. That’s the last thing I want, to be hurt someone just because I’m tired. I’ll see how I feel later though. It’s market day see and I want to have a look around, but I need to scooter for the bit of shopping we need.


That writing course I enrolled for is working out pretty good, and I’m not the only writer who is doing it too. That’s good; we all have our own viewpoints and experiences that can be shared. I’ve already pointed out one area where I need to get sorted but there are others too. We are given passage from top-pine writers to read and have to answer questions about them. One passage is from Graham Greene’s Brighton Rock. The context is in descriptions, yet I didn’t see it as such, I saw it as narrative. However, I did come to see it as description t in that he is describing how his character is feeling, thereby giving us a picture of the man’s nature.


The reason I saw it as narrative was because of something I read some time ago. The course is saying that description is the key to good writing. The other item claimed that too much description slows down the flow of the story line and might cause readers to get fed-up and move on to another book, and probably to another writer too. No writer wants that!


Today’s photo is …


The ceiling light reflecting and refracting on the screen off
my mobile. I’ve been trying to get this for some time and this one is the best so far.


Today’s funny …


 How many Technical Support staff does it take to change a light bulb?
"Well, we have an exact copy of your light bulb here and it seems to be working OK. Can you be more specific about the exact problem?..."
   

No comments:

Post a Comment