Tuesday 11 October 2016

A few odds ...


11 October


Our central heating is on, or at least it is come 8pm. We don’t actually need it for the living room seeing as it’s a steady 25o, but for the bedroom where last night it was down to 20o, and very chilly it felt too. We turn it down when we got through though, but this morning the radiator was warm when we got up. Anyway, I saw 3am before I dropped off, well, that was the time I last remember looking at the clock; while waiting I had to get up to pee twice. For some reason I was back in the army again, in the guards this time.


The RSM was doing a walk round inspection while I was bulling boots, and boy did they need some work. So there I was doing my boots and we heard a helicopter flying around. We went to have a look and the cameras on the chopper were pointing away from towards a road where thousands of guards in full dress uniform were forming up for a parade. By which time I needed to pee again, but now there was queue outside all the toilets, even those in the barracks. I was getting really desperate at that point, which was when I woke up – needing to pee badly. Me n me dreams … … …


Going to be and getting up is now taking me ages these days, or at least, that’s how it feels. Twice a day I have to rub double base gel into my feet. From the time get up to go through it takes me ten minutes to get into bed, simple because of that gel I have to use. Getting up is just as bad, another ten minutes, including going for a pee. That’s 20 minutes gone every day, and for what? Not listening to people when they told me I needed to lose weight, that’s what!


Did you see the news yesterday about one section of the religion of peace attacking another section while they attended a funeral? If they are that to each other, what chance does the West have of living in peace with them? Remember Lawrence of Arabia? His main task was to bring the warring tribes of Arabs together to help in the fight against the Turks. The region is at war with itself, only this time its along interpretation of the Koran and Islam. One thing they all seem to be agreed on though, is a hatred of all things Western, even if they do like our weapons systems.


We have been working our way through our Game of Thrones DVDs again, and it occurred to me just how good looking those child actors are. Thinking about it I came to realise that Hollywood rarely chooses ugly or really fat kids unless the script calls for one. So it’s not just the modelling industry that pushes a particular body image, Hollywood has been doing it for years before the modelling agencies began.


It’s not just with the kids though is it? Look at the adult actors and see how they are shown as perfect people. There’s been a few acceptations, Leo McKern, Richard Griffiths are two such. But do you remember Broderick Crawford in his TV cop show Highway Patrol? Perfection doesn’t always get the parts, think of Jaws and his girls friend in Moonraker? The play on that is the difference between the tall guy and small girl. It worked though, so why don’t we see more non-perfect, or perhaps I should say, normal people in films and telly shows? It’s all down to money really, no matter how you cut it. The money men want pretty and won’t pay for ugly, at least not these day.


Today’s photo then …


Rhino-plated butt.


Today’s funny …


There's this drunk guy who decides that he wants to go fishing. He packs up all his tackle and sets out in search of a suitable spot.
Eventually, he stumbles across a huge area of ice and decides that he'll give it a go. Taking out a saw from his tackle box, he starts to saw a whole. Suddenly, a loud voice booms out at him, "There's no fish in here." The drunk looks all around him but can't see anyone. He decides to ignore the voice and carries on sawing.
Again, the voice booms out, "I've told you once, there's no fish in here!" He looks up again but there's still no sign of anyone so he returns to his task.
"Stop it!" shouts the now very angry sounding voice, "You'd better pack up your stuff and get out of here or there'll be trouble."
"Who are you" shouts the drunk guy, "you don't scare me!"
"Look," replies the voice, "I'm the manager of this Ice Rink!"
              

No comments:

Post a Comment