Monday 25 April 2016

The plans of mice and men ... and an invite


25 April



Monday morning and the start of another week. What will the next seven days bring I wonder? Seeing that we can’t see the future we have to wait and see as the events unfold, and that in itself makes planning for anything more than a little difficult at times. We all make our plans for tomorrow, but do we make space within those plans for events we didn’t or couldn’t plan for. It’s like today here in Jaronland for instance; Jan was up early to Kile off to school, fine. Later today the plan is for Jan to take him home. Nice and easy eh? Well, I forgot that part of it and off I went making my own plans for us for today. Ah well …



But hang on mow … I’ve stopped using my CPAP machine for a bit to see how I get on without it. For years I have had to use it if I wanted to keep my driving licence. But of course, I’ve already sent it back, so it’s not quite so vital that I use it every night. So there I was making plans for today while I’m sat here writing this, and I’ve suddenly come over very tired indeed. Yesterday I was fine after not using it overnight, so why the difference? Perhaps it was being disturbed three time to go for a wee. Once is normal for me, so an extra twice has really caught me out and now I’m far too tired to try to go out today. It’s called life isn’t it? It always gets in the way folks of us living our lives.



Rather pleased that my new bus pass has arrived this morning. I know I don’t use it all that often but it has proved itself useful in the past. The new one is valid until October 2020. Now all I need to do is to get and use it more often. My first plan is for a trip to Coventry for a photo shoot. Tomorrow though I’m looking at a ride over to Brum for the market, but is a car and scooter job. See, more plans ready for last minute changes.



Why Brum Market? It’s one of the best, if not THE best market in the Midlands. My favourite part of it is the fish market. Jan is not keen because of the smell, but I love it. I once bought some blue shark steaks form there and they were OK-ish, so I’m always on the lookout for another new fish to try. Snapper is not too bad; turbot I fancy but it’s very expensive. Hake too is pricey for what it is as well. Once done in there, there’s the city itself ready for another photo shoot, including the revamped New Street Station.



Yesterday I was having a read of my Twitter account (https://twitter.com/?lang=en-gb), and found an invitation to start a new blog, this one about books. I can see a point to it now, but when I first read the invite I wasn’t at all interested. Along with this one I already have two others, which I haven’t posted to for a couple of years now, and I’m not convinced that a new one will be the same. I’ll think about it some more before I decide.



Today’s photo …

A gorilla, Bristol Zoo.



Today’s funny …



"And exactly what made you suspect that these two men were drunk, officer?" a Glasgow judge asked a policeman in court.
"Well, Your Honour," said the policeman, "Jock was throwing five pound notes away and Hamish was picking them up and handing them back to him."
               

No comments:

Post a Comment