Thursday 21 April 2016

April leaves are falling ...


21 April



I’m a bit upsy-downsy today. You see, I do love trees, and even more so when they are part of wood or forest. Well, we don’t have a wood out back, let alone a forest, but we do have a single alder tree out the back door. Last year the council sent their ‘tree officer’ round to look at the trees and see which ones needed felling. Our alder is one of them because it’s what is known in the trade as being co-dominate; that means there are two main trucks divided part way up the original trunk.



Add in the fact that they were beginning to split at that divide, the tree was condemned; this morning they are out there cutting it down. No matter how much I love trees, I’m also a realist and know the job has to be done. We already have had one smaller branch come down and hit the corner of the building. So down it will come. The main problem trees are the evergreens along the side border. They started on those a week or more ago. They stopped when they found bird’s nests in the next one to fell. I’m certainly not going to complain about that!



Last night I had another storyline come to mind, loosely based on some of my experiences and why I finally left the Army. It’s a story I have been playing with ages now, wondering how I can write it without being too obvious who it is based on. I made a hand written note of it last night but I have a number of other projects on the go right now, so the best thing I can do for now is to make a start on the first page and save it to disc. Later I can make more of it when I have the time.



Kile is due after school tomorrow and the plan is to take him to Kingsbury Water Park for a few hours. We will hire him a bike so he can ride around while we potter around on our scooters. Weekends are the best time to go to Kingsbury because that is when the water skiers and jet skiers are out in force. The jet skis make some really nice action shots that make it all worthwhile. I’ve tried snapping water skiers but I just can’t get it right. I’ll try it again if they are out on Saturday – and of course, if we are out too. Tomorrow evenings local weather forecast will let us know if it will be worth it.



Queen Liz is 90 today, I suppose Facebook will be full of it, just as the news will be too. Regular readers will know I’m not great supporter of the monarchy overall, however, I can’t say that she isn’t a remark lady considering her age. She goes up and down steps and stairs unaided by anything, or anyone. There’s a lot of other ladies of her age who would wish they were as fit and able as she is. My mother was a month older than her but she was confined to bed for last six months of her life, and the last five years were no life at all really. They seem to be long-lived family so maybe we will her on our stamps for a few mores before Charlie Boy takes over.



I really do need to sort out my photo folders, I let them become a real muddle. Today’s photo is …


A jet ski I shot years ago. But it will take some time to find it though.



Today’s funny …


Fred: My girlfriend is one of twins.
Brian: How can you tell them apart?
Fred: It's easy, her brother's got a beard.
              

No comments:

Post a Comment