Thursday 14 April 2016

The 10K speech marathon



14 April



I do like that idea; seeing as I like day trip to London on the coach, the idea of making tube travel easier for disabled has got to be only of benefit. So when I watched the opening of a new lift at Greenford Park station, I was a tad impressed by it. This lift not only goes up and down, but travels sideways too. It’s not the first one I’ve seen. There’s one on the north shore of the Thames at Millennium Bridge. But oh dear, I then noticed an on-going problem, that of getting on and off trains. There’s a large gap as well as a step between the platform and the train doors. 100% pass for the new lift, 0% for train access; must try harder!



We’ve just got back in from a shopping trip, Tesco for a change. I was surprised to find out the total spend, only £45 or so. Not that we will go there regularly though. I used one of their scooters with the trolley-thing in front. However, it wasn’t all that big and if we had gone to buy the other items we were going to buy, then we wouldn’t have got it all in there. While we were there though I got the title for this days’ blog, The 10K speech marathon. I’m sure you will have seen this being practiced by loads of youngsters these days, and not just on their phones too. There was a young wench taking part in the race as we headed back to the car. They don’t even stop for breath do they?  



After Tesco we headed for Farm Foods for a few odds and ends, one of which was toilet roles, 18 rolls for £3.99, and there’re not bad at all. As I wobbly for the car a guy came out the shop with a trolley full of them and I saw a lass buying another three packs. When I got there I was in luck, there was just one pack left. Another 10k word competitor had followed me in, two of them actually, dad and son by the look of it. Not only did they not shut up, but they were really, really loud with it. Not sure one won that heat.



Right now I’m sat here typing this and I’m nearly falling asleep while I’m at it. We have both noticed it and commented on it. I had a decent night’s sleep but I’m hit with pain as soon as I get up, and even all the pain killers I’m taking, it doesn’t seem to help any. The referral to nuero-surgery was sent in mid-January and there’s a 26 week waiting list. That will bring it up to around mid-July before I get seen. If things go on as they are though, I shall be doing some shouting before too long.      



Today’s photo then …

An old Citroen van parked up in Cambridge.



And today’s funny …



Did you hear about the artist who was arrested?
He said he was framed.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment