Monday 18 April 2016

Monday, again ...


18 April



Another Midland dairy farmer is going up and selling most of his stock before diversifying into something different. After four generations in the same family, they are not a happy group of campers. Milk prices are now to 17p per litre, that’s well below the cost of production and it’s costing the UK dear. Then in the same report (Country File, last night), I learn we are still importing milk and milk products from France. Why the hell are we doing that when our producers are going bust? This another nail in the coffin of the EU in my mind.



I’m sure you have heard of Val MacDiarmid; well, she’s a new writer to me and on Saturday night I began one her books, The Torment of Others, and it’s a pretty good read to. So there I was reading away and Carol Jordan is speaking to her techy-cop and I learn something new from it. A photo is obtained from a paedos computer and it was claimed by techy-cop that you might be lucky and get the serial number of the camera that took the shot, the software used and the license number of that software. Hmm, thinks I, look into I will.  



And look into it have done this morning. And I found out that it only works with a RAW file; once its converted to a Jpeg those details are lost. What I did find though was that the computer I used to process the shot was listed, along with a number. In the book it is hope that such data might lead to the person who took the shot by tracing that info. I knew that the EXIF data was there and what it held, but the not about the camera details and so on. I usually look at it when I want the exposure details.



In the photo concerned in the book, the location of shot was also of interest and that is not included in the EXIF data from my camera, simply because I have never used the GPS app that so many cameras have these days. Oh dear, poor paedos; now they have something else to worry about eh … I do feel sorry for them … NOT!!!



There’s a good few earthquakes going around the world right now. Yes, I know they happen all the time all over the place but these ones have been large enough to kill folks. The numbers are not as large as in some other recent quakes where thousands have been killed, but I’m wondering if it’s a sign of things to come, a sign of a much larger, and stronger quake waiting its time to give way.



We get some quakes here in the UK too, but on scale of those in and around a Pacific Ring. In a way I have been lucky I suppose, in that the only one I have felt, well, more heard than felt was around 2007/8. I was woken by the doors on Jan’s wardrobe shaking. I thought that she might be having a fit, not unknown around that time, but no, I woke her calling out to her – sorry chuck.



The growing fracking industry is likely to cause a lot more. Over in the states they get in then in fracking locations fairly often, so how can we not expect anything different here? There have been reports of polluted water courses, some giving off a flammable gas; again, are we likely to see that happen here too? I think so. It makes me wonder just how much in backhanders has been going on behind the scenes. Something else we won’t hear about because of the restrictions placed on the papers.



It’s time we saw the papers relating to the 1982 Falklands War. It’s been well over 25 years now, and we still have ex-services people suffering from what happened there. Then the first Gulf War, a ‘legal’ war, sanctioned by the UN at least. The second Gulf War wasn’t sanctioned and that is part of the reason why we will never see the papers regarding. The usual excuse is that some of the leading participants are still alive and the papers might prove contentious. For me, they should have thought about that before they marched the soldiers into a no-win war. Even with the Falklands War there are still political leaders living in retirement.        



Another strange dream last night/this morning. This one was a mix up of an OUSA event along with a field kitchen I was responsible for and a load of locals stealing from me. All sort of stuff went missing, both personal and signed for kit. Jan and Kile joins me at one point, and a large, buxom woman comes, leaving Jan not a happy wife at all, even though nothing had happened between me the other woman. Next moment I was at the window of larger moving building peeing on everything and everyone we passed. That was my signal to get up and go pee for real. Me and me dreams … … …



And so it’s time for a photo …

Another colour mix I like shooting.



Today’s funny …



My brother went to three parties. At the first party he broke his arm, at the second party he broke his leg, and after that he got Third Party Insurance.       

No comments:

Post a Comment