Tuesday 19 April 2016

No excuse for not writing today ...


19 April



Yesterday afternoon I decided to put me lappy down and watch a bit of telly instead, easy eh? Nope, Mr Virgin wasn’t having it. So after farting about trying to get the TIVO box sorted we gave up. I picked up HP2 for the evening, Jan played on her lappy until bedtime. This morning nothing has changed with the TIVO box, Jan is on the phone to Virgin and tests are being done to find out what the cause it. It’s all done through the fibre-optic cable of course, but I have a feeling that the TIVO box is knackered.



Now she on the phone to them and still getting nowhere. I suppose after 20 minutes of this they will give up and send someone out – and is what is happening now, between 12 and 4pm tomorrow. I’ve just thought that all this time can now be used to get some writing done instead of sitting reading HP2 for the third time.



This the longest break in service we’ve had with Virgin and we’ve been with them for years now, from 1998/9 I think. I can’t see us moving to any other provider though, the poor reports I’ve heard about them are putting me off. Why these companies act in the way they do over customer service I just don’t understand at all. It can’t do them any good in the long term can it?  



Last week a load of travellers set up camp on the carpark at the Walsgrave hospital. This will of course have knock effects on both patients and visitors. Over the weekend another group set up in part of the Hussy carpark too. The local paper this morning is urging those attending to give themselves extra time find a space so they are not late for appointments. This silliness has to be stopped but various governments have dragged their heels over it for years now, afraid of violation of human rights claims. Maybe there’s a little cowardice there too because of the violent reputation travellers have?  That ignore the human rights of the general public who end up paying through the nose so they can live for nowt; just not good enough!



With Virgin being down means I need to go elsewhere for me daily news fix. I opened Edge browser, which opens on MSN home page for me, the first item I saw on there is about two children’s writers who live within 15 miles of each other, have gone missing. I’ve not heard of either of them, which is not surprising considering how many writers there are in Writersland. Yet two going missing from the same area and within days of each other, that does sound rather strange to me. I hope they turn up safe and sound. Meanwhile …



In Cambridge a man has been arrest in the connection with the death of a 6-year-old boy found naked and strangled in woods near Peterborough. I hope they have caught the right man, who was probably only a teenager when the boy died. Interestingly, the boy’s mum was charged and cleared of his murder but later admitted cruelty and served a seven-year jail term. Perhaps she knows more than she is saying? It wouldn’t be the first time would it?



Today’s photo …

I’ve gone back to before 2008 for this one. It’s my study area in the spare room of our bungalow in Bed’th.    



Today’s funny …



What do you call an alien from outer space who is overweight?
An extra-cholesterol.

No comments:

Post a Comment