Thursday 7 April 2016

Animals, thier lovers and non-lovers


7 April



We have just sat and watched Supervet which was recorded last night. This vet, Noel Fitzpatrick is one brilliant man! He’s saved so many pets that without him being there, would have been put down. He’s so good at his job, that his job satisfaction level must be well overflowing. Anyway, this one caused me to think about just how unlucky we have been with our pets.



The longest we have managed to keep was the six years we had with Sally, the golden bitzer. Lovely dog who gave me no peace in the morning until we had been for our morning walk. My health was pretty good at that point apart from an allergy problem that was put down to hay fever, for which I was on a pretty strong medication. Then my allergy went into overdrive, especially my eyes; and finally my GP said it was my choice, either keep my sight, or rehome your dog. Sally was rehomed, which broke our hearts.



I posted a photo of Sally the other day with our cat Penny together on an armchair. Penny was as soft a cat as you could wish for. Somehow she picked up an infection and after countless vet visits it was finally decided that they could do no more for her and we lost her. And so on with all of pets, even our budgie just dropped dead in the cage. So we both really envy those people who do manage to keep them.  Right now we only have two gerbils and a few cold water fish.



With Kile being here I had a look at Animal Planet recorded a few of them shown later at night so he can watch them the next day. Most of them have been ok but I gave up on one where a really tiny horse and a dog are best friends. The owners comments about them was so over the top but one comment really bugged me, so I stopped it and Jan and Kile can watch that one when I’m not around.



Another show we watched showed a group of tourists in the African bush when they came across a single elderly male elephant. Their guide told them to stand well back in case the animal charged at them. Those dickheads didn’t listen and of course the elephant charged. The guide though had a rifle with him and raised it case he had to shoot the animal. As it was he didn’t have to shoot it, but I did get annoyed at the lack of common sense shown by the few idiots that nearly cost the life of an innocent animal, just for the chance of photo of an elephant. But coming back to pets …



I do get angry, bewildered by pet owners who mistreat the pets. Here we are having no luck with our pets and these other prats neglect them. From yesterday it is now compulsory to have all dogs micro-chipped. It’s something we’ve had done since they became available, and we find it hard to understand why others don’t get it done. But come on, which dog owners won’t bother? Of course we know don’t we; it will be those who don’t really care for their dogs properly. It’s not hard to come up with a reason why is it? A microchip will lead back to the owners who then get charged if the dog is out of control or has strayed. Not rocket science is it; and how is this new law going to be policed on a day to day basis anyway.



Today’s photo …

The little and large of it.



Today’s funny …



How does a dog stop a DVD player when it gets to his favourite part of a movie?
He presses the paws button.
              

No comments:

Post a Comment