Wednesday 20 April 2016

Changes by the minute ...


20 April



We’ve just had a call from Virgin asking if their engineer can come next instead of later this afternoon. After snatching their hand off, I gave it back, very nicely too, said yes please. That means we can both go out on our scooters today, and not just me. And he’s here so it won’t be long before we can get out; except that Jan now tells me she has two deliveries due today; ah well … … …



The reason I want to go into town is simply to get my bus pass renewed at the town hall. I don’t use it very often but I’ve found it very useful when I’ve needed to, so it’s worthwhile doing. OK, we use the car mostly but by using park and ride we can get a bus into the town, very useful. Of course, I’m sure to get a few new photos to play with, and that’s always worth the effort.       



And I did get some work done on Arathusia yesterday as well, not writing though; no, I spent most of it going through it, doing a bit of editing and creating a time-line for it. I’ve found that a time-line keeps the story clear in my head as it grows. Not only that but if I get an idea about changing or adding to the story earlier on, I’m not having to go through the whole thing. I look at the time-line and can go straight to that section. Well, I’ve a good bit more of that to do before I can start writing again, later on today.



Our trees being cut down out the back. I say ‘Our Trees’ but they’re not actually ours as in as much as they are mine and Jan’s. Last year one of neighbours fell over and broke her hip standing on a pine cone one the outside of her flat. Her family were really upset by it, they and Kath had been complaining for years about how the trees were over grown and cutting off their sun light. Apparently, her sons told them that they could either sort out the trees or explain to a judge why they haven’t done so. So now we have very noisy work going on right outside our back door.



Things change minute by minute in Jaronland and Jan’s delivery has just arrived so we are both going into town now, as originally planned. So for today’s photo …

My all-time favourite car.



Today’s funny …



What is black and white and makes a lot on noise?
A zebra with a drum kit.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment