Monday 7 December 2015

Too much rain for everyone ...



7 December

At long last I actually finish typing up the handwritten part of Arathusia. How long as it taken me? No idea now but it’s not done. I had a mad dash to get it done yesterday afternoon so that today I can make a start again using that digital pen I have here. At least then I will not need to type it all up cos the pen sends a signal to a base unit which can then be uploaded straight on to the ‘puter, so much easier. Easier yes, but typing up after hand writing does have its own benefits of course. The total word count when finished now stands at 27, 330 words, a number that has increased from what I originally penned after being changed and added to I went on with it. The same will have with the with the digital pen pages too I’m sure.

Malan Cove in Yorkshire is a water fall again for the first time living memory. It’s a place I have always wanted to visit but of course, like so many such sites it is well off the beaten track. There’s no way we could manage to walk that far anywhere, let alone in the rough terrain of the North Yorkshire Dales. However, the thought of a long dried out water course having water flowing over it again should perhaps give us grounds for attention.

The massive amount of rain over the northern UK over the last few days is yet one more indication of how much our weather is changing and will continue to do so as long as we keep pumping greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. If it was stop completely right now though, it would be many years before we begin to see any change. That is why we need to more strict measures in place to ease the situation.

Panorama should be interesting tonight. Mr Blatter is going under the spotlight again. The BBC has come across a letter from one FIFA official showing clearly that Mr B did know about corruption in FIFA and did nothing about it. That makes me wonder just how large a kick-back he was getting from doing so. Or … perhaps someone close to him has some little secret about him that was being used to blackmail him.

I’m not sure we will ever know the full truth of what went in that organisation, but at least it’s now being dealt with, something that has been called for, for so long. Long-time readers will know I not a footy fan at all, but all the shenanigans that have been going on within its higher reaches does not paint a pretty picture. I would be very unhappy if I was paying the sort of money that some footy fans are paying for session tickets and to watch other games on telly, and only for that money to be lining the pockets of some faceless greedy moron somewhere or other. It is hardly an image to attract anyone to spend money on it for the first time is it?

An email in this morning from Flickr to say that my Pro account is due to run out later this month. That seems a bit strange I think cos I’m sure the last time I renewed was in the Jan/Feb time scale, not now. However it was two years ago and I’ve been sleep a few time since then. I’m not sure that I really should renew it, seeing as I have just checked it and the last time I posted anything to it was September 15th. But there again, if I’m off to Brum on Friday I shall be coming back a good few shots that will worth posting up there. Plenty of time to decide what to do later.

And so to today’s photo … 

A light trail I got in Brum, as it so happens.

And today’s funny … kids, don’t you just love ‘em …
Teacher: "If I gave you 2 cats and another 2 cats and another 2, how many would you have?"
Johnny: "Seven."
Teacher: "No, listen carefully... If I gave you two cats, and another two cats and another two, how many would you have?"
Johnny: "Seven."
Teacher: "Let me put it to you differently. If I gave you two apples, and another two apples and another two, how many would you have?"
Johnny: "Six."
Teacher: "Good. Now if I gave you two cats, and another two cats and another two, how many would you have?"
Johnny: "Seven!"
Teacher: "Johnny, where in the heck do you get seven from?!"
Johnny: "Because I've already got a freaking cat!"    

No comments:

Post a Comment