Tuesday 8 December 2015

A stupid British judge make me sick!



8 December

At what point does a person’s original upbringing and local customs over ride UK law? Well, it seems that is when a baby is being sexually abused now. The Dorktown News posted a news item on social media about such a case. A man from Africa was showing off videos of a baby being sexually abused to his work mates. He couldn’t understand what the fuss was about but his mates were so angry they reported him to the cops. He was arrested, tried and sent down for two and half years. Not happy about that he appealed – and won! He claimed that in his own country such act were the norm and that the child could clearly been seen enjoying what went on. Judge Peter Collier QC accepted his explanation and quashed the jail term, giving the man a three month supervision order.

Doesn’t this judge understand that he may have set a president for future cases of such abuse?  Am I the only one who sees any danger with this? It’s time that CPS should be looking at this one and take back it back to appeal. Child abuse is not the only area of concern is it? What we might term as domestic abuse might be fine in a home country. And it’s not just in third world countries folks. From what I have seen on telly of Italian driving is horrendous; from what I saw on my one week in Erie, the standard of driving was appalling. No, not good at all. Methinks that judge needs taking aside and spoken to in a stern manor and if he won’t accept that, sack the prat!!!

Just had a phone call from the Hussy asking me about a possible appointment I might need. For some reason the neuro-lass I saw had referred me on to a tric-cyclist, something else I didn’t know about! Clever these folks? But when I first answered the phone the guy at the other end had a very thick Asian-type accent, so my first comment was, ‘What are you trying to sell me?’ opps … after speaking to him a for minutes he asked to speak to Jan and she spoke again for few minutes and then that was it. I will be receiving another appointment in the post, hopefully though, not until next month.

I was hoping to get into town today by taking the bus down there for the first time. That idea went out the window when we didn’t get up until 10.45 this morning; bloody stupid time to lie in till. Half the days’ gone, all our plans are thrown out, again. Very annoying indeed. You see, it’s that fifty quid I’ve got burning that big hole in my pocket. Some will go on the new(ish) Ian Rankin hardback and the rest I think will got to HMV for a set of the Star Trec movies. Now don’t you smile at me like that … I like ‘em, and always have. I used to love the original series on telly too. Now there are so many spin-offs of it I lost all sense of where it was all going. Be good to have something else to watch anyway.

Sci-fi on telly in the 50/60s was pretty good as I remember it. Quatermask series were pretty good, and I remember one about a moon landing by a Brit team who find evidence of alien occupation in distant past; can’t remember the title though. Then of course there was the A for Andromeda series too. And how can we forget Will Hartnell, the very first Dr Who? But there was another one that mam and dad would let me and Dave watch, The Voodoo Factor that caused people to turn into big spiders with human heads. In 1967 I joined the army and lost track of all of them. Ahhh, but all those sci-fi books I found … … …

Today’s photo … 

A bird at Birdland, Bourton.

Today’s funny …

Q: What's the difference between England and a teabag?
A: A teabag could stay in the cup for longer.              

No comments:

Post a Comment