Tuesday 1 December 2015

24 sleeps ...



1 December

And so the month changes and we now have just 24 sleeps until the kid’s big day. I mention this because we have been invited up to Kile’s Nan’s place on Christmas Day so we can watch them open their presents, and we have been given ideas for the three kids presses too.  That will be a first for us and Jan accepted when she got Kile home yesterday; and no, he wasn’t playing silly sods either. Having vomiting twice yesterday they called his mum to pick him up. I mentioned yesterday that he might have been playing up, but no, it was genuine.

Another follow-up from yesterday is the digital pen thingy; I did find the refills on Amazon but at £30 for just three it was far too much. So I looked around and found that another refill is compatible and at £4.99 for three, again on Amazon, I ordered them. At the same time I also order a pack of eight batteries too. Altogether it was less than a third of the cost of the first three I found. Now I suppose I need to get on and finish the typing of what I have hand written so far.

Daft Dave is going for a vote on bombing Syria while Jittery Jeremy is still refusing to agree. I am usually in favour of governments taking actions against terrorists or dictators, in this case I’m not so sure it will work as it is promised/planned. The UL will no doubt be hit by a similar hit as we saw in Paris a couple of weeks ago if the sir strikes go ahead. At the same time, holding countries to ransom in this way is just not on. So what is the answer then?

For me it’s dealing with the ISIS leadership. Once bin Laden was out of the picture, little has been heard of Al Quaedi. I’m sure that all our special forces/intelligence organisations are more than capable to finding the ISIS top man and dealing with him in such a way that there is little doubt that he is dealt with. Once he is out of the way I have a feeling that his group will just fade into the background, just as Al Quaedi has. Doing it that way will prevent a lot of civilian deaths, both here and in Syria. Overall, I support Jittery Jeremy on this one.

We have several London street maps here in Jaronland and I have at long last found one of the larger copies. The two small central area maps don’t have enough detail for what I wanted. It was Cormoran Strike who sent me off looking for the larger format books; what I wanted you see was to find Denmark Street, which is where Mr Strike has his office. Now I have found by the map and the street and as I continue to read about his latest adventures I can see a clearer picture of the area where he’s moving about in.

You know what … I really do need to get out more! If I did get out more I would have some new photos to post, so for today it’s back the archive … 

The Bullring in Brum.
       
Today’s funny …

A family is at the dinner table. The son asks the father, “Dad, how many kinds of boobs are there?” The father, surprised, answers, “Well, son, a woman goes through three phases. In her 20s, a woman’s breasts are like melons, round and firm. In her 30s and 40s, they are like pears, still nice, hanging a bit. After 50, they are like onions.” “Onions?” the son asks. “Yes. You see them and they make you cry.” This infuriated his wife and daughter. The daughter asks, “Mom, how many different kinds of willies are there?” The mother smiles and says, “Well, dear, a man goes through three phases also. In his 20s, his willy is like an oak tree, mighty and hard. In his 30s and 40s, it’s like a birch, flexible but reliable. After his 50s, it’s like a Christmas tree.” “A Christmas tree?” the daughter asks. “Yes, dead from the root up and the balls are just for decoration.”

No comments:

Post a Comment