Monday 21 December 2015

Me plug has been pushed in now



21 December

My plug wasn’t fully home again this morning, so I appealed on Facebook for someone to push it in properly for me, and I’m feeling a lot better now. It’s not as if I had a bad night either, cos I didn’t. Ah well … To add to it all, we have both got the days muxed ip again, with us both thinking it is Tuesday, not Monday. Jan even Skyped her sister in Bangkok today instead of tomorrow. So many senior moments right now.  

Jan has been doing reviews for various products for a few months now. The items arrive, she tries them and write and posts the reviews. In payment she keeps the items. Most of what she has reviewed have been useful in one way or another and we are still using them, but others, like the silly selfie stick really are a waste of resources to my mind. Among the latest batch is a blood pressure metre and she has been testing. So yesterday she did hers and it showed a high level; a wee while later she did it again and it was still high. So I tried it and it showed mine to be in the normal region for my levels, twice too with this morning test. Now Jan has an appointment with the GP to have it sorted down there too. She could well be on yet another medication if it is still so high. We wait and see … … …

Brum has taken in 41 refugies from Syria and questions are being raised already about the extra cost to the city, in cash, housing, health and schools. Towns and cities are being told by central government that they have to take a share of these folk but they are not being given any resources to cover the added costs. Should we take them in at all? Maybe we should, and seeing the relief on the faces of the kids in a local school, knowing that they are safe now and not going to be bombed or shot makes it worthwhile. But Daft Dave is right in rejecting any ideas or pressure to take any of the thousands of those who have made their way to Europe illegally. We have enough people in need here already, our own people who should be helped first!

On Midlands Today just now a 15 year old lad stabbed and killing in Brum over the weekend has been named. So sad folks, another young life wasted for what seems no reason at all. But I wonder – the incident happened at 2am yesterday morning; what I am thinking is why was a 15 year old out on the streets at the time of night in the first place? Our son Tom wasn’t allowed out at that time until he was 16, when he could do more or less what he wanted to do with asking us about it. I ask that same question every time I hear of such young lives being waste in the same, or similar way. Perhaps if parents had more interest in what their kids are up to at night, the number of such incidents might actually fall. Can’t see it happening though, can you?

Weather is looking pretty miserable to the week or so; but there again, it all depends on what you would like it to be on Friday I suppose. A white Christmas? Not my idea of fun at all. I’m 67 now and I don’t actually remember one. The nearest I can remember was when it started snowing on Boxing day afternoon and continued on for days on end. That was when the snow and ice hung around until nearly April, 1963/4 I think. Anyway, now I like the snow for as long as I can get a few nice shots of it and then it can just go away as far as I am concerned.

We don’t usually get very severe weather hear abouts anyway and the last serious snow we had here in Dorktown was in Febuary 2012, so for today’s photo … 

Shot through the front bedroom window in Bracebridge Street.

Today’s funny …

There was a preacher who fell in the ocean and he couldn't swim. When a boat came by, the captain yelled, "Do you need help, sir?" The preacher calmly said "No, God will save me." A little later, another boat came by and a fisherman asked, "Hey, do you need help?" The preacher replied again, "No God will save me." Eventually the preacher drowned & went to heaven. The preacher asked God, "Why didn't you save me?" God replied, "Fool, I sent you two boats!"       

No comments:

Post a Comment