Saturday 19 December 2015

Another day missed ...



18/19 December

Yes, I’ve done it again, started yesterday but really it was a bit too late. It will be done today though …

At last I have had a ride into town on me scooter. There was no real need to go down other than getting out for a couple of hours, and that was good enough really. I noticed that there was a fair number of school uniforms walking around, which surprised me a little seeing as Kile finished yesterday lunch time. I asked him about it when I got back in and apparently his school is only one in town that did finish yesterday, lucky blighter.

While I was in town I had a looked in Smiths to see if they had anything worthwhile buying. Well, they did but I didn’t buy any of it. The sci-fi mags didn’t grip me much, Writer’s Forum likewise, and in case I knew that it would get read if I had bought. Then I noticed a Peter James book I didn’t recognise, and that I was tempted with. However, I have so many of his books I decided against buying it – good job really cos it’s sat on the bookcase already read. #5 in the Game of Thrones was there too, but again, I still have #4 to read yet and at least two more before I get to read that one.   

We have Black Friday that brings a shopping frenzy to our streets, and that’s daft enough silliness for me at any one time. And yet I have just read of Mad Friday where sales of booze go through the roof on the last Friday before Christmas. Is this yet another crazy Yanky idea that flown east I wonder? Now of course I don’t drink at all so I certainly won’t be partaking of any Mad Friday crazy antics. I sometime sit and think about all the money I spent on booze over the years, and that brings me slap bank up to how much dosh I spent on it.

But yet no wot … there’s supposed to be dosh shortage and yet folks still have enough to spend on crazy weekends like this. Don’t forget that we also have the Boxing Day and New Year sales coming up too. Year after year, sale after sale people queue up for days on end to get bargains, I wonder what they do with them? That then makes me wonder if they really needed the item to begin with.

Today we have the normal Saturday market on in town and you won’t be able to move down there with the amount of people walking around. As for getting to the stalls, forget it. Next Thursday, Christmas Eve, there will another market and it will be even busier. Why so many people feel the need to leave things so late, and actually, to buy so much is beyond me.

I remember my mam demanding that on Christmas Eve one of us had to go into town to buy some fruit, because it made the place more ‘Christmassy’, whatever that meant. I always made sure we had fruit in all year around, and still do. Something else she demanded was some fresh bacon, sausage and eggs, even though she had some in. She said, ‘You can never have too much of them.’      

He is sat playing on Jan’s iPad but really he’s quite border right now. I think later they wi – I’ve left this bit in because that is where I left off last night. Kile is not here with us now, in fact he’s in the car on his way home. About half an hour ago he admitted he was bored, so Jan phone his home to make sure someone was in before she travelled up there. Last night we played Star Wars II for him, then he said he wasn’t watching it and didn’t really like it.

In reality though, I think most of it down to the fact that I’m not taking him out birding once a weekend, or even both of us taking him out for the day. Well, I’m afraid he will have to get used to that. One thing though, the telly is getting a rest now.

‘There’s no honour among thieves,’ it’s claimed. It seems that the same thing applies between Islamic extremist too. I read an on-line report that Taliban ‘special forces(?)’ are attacking ISIS in Pakistan. Both groups claim they are the true followers of Islam and because of that they are fighting it out to prove who is right. It’s not quite that simple of course, part of the report said that ISIS had gained support in Pakistan and Taliban are upset by it. What happens if neither lot win I wonder? Who are the true Muslims then? In reality of course it’s just two gangs of vicious thugs fighting to prove who is the toughest.

And so to today’s photo … 

An angler making excuses perhaps … … …

A lady goes to the doctor and complains that her husband is losing interest in sex. The doctor gives her a pill, but warns her that it's still experimental. He tells her to slip it into his mashed potatoes at dinner, so that night, she does just that. About a week later, she’s back at the doctor, where she says, "Doc, the pill worked great! I put it in the potatoes like you said! It wasn't five minutes later that he jumped up, raked all the food and dishes onto the floor, grabbed me, ripped all my clothes off, and ravaged me right there on the table!" The doctor says, "I’m sorry, we didn’t realize the pill was that strong! The foundation will be glad to pay for any damages." "Nah," she says, "that's okay. We're never going back to that restaurant anyway."          

No comments:

Post a Comment