Saturday 18 January 2014

YouTube, bird club and sailing



18 January

Damn YouTube!!! There I was watching videos on there yesterday and Jan arrived home looking great with her new hair perm ... along with Kile. That was around 4.15 and I had been stuck on You Tube since she went out just after 10 o'clock. By the time they arrived home I was far too busy to try to yesterday's blog. Come 7'o'clock Kile chose The Golden Compass to watch before bed time and that was another unproductive day gone.

Birdwatch magazine arrived in this morning, guest edited by Bill Oddie. There is always a lot of excellent photos of birds in there but I do prefer Bird Watching. One such shot in this issue is of a dead sperm whale in Orkney somewhere, but the main point of the photo was of an Ivory Gull that was standing on the whale. There seemed to be a lot of those about last month. Mind you, I would love to see any live whale of any sort.

I got rather envious at bird club on Thursday evening because the guest speaker was a guy named Tim Marlow who did a an illustrated talk on the wildlife of Madeira. He had a lot of photos of whales and dolphins, a lot of them were fairly rare ones too. The other thing I get envious over is the amount of overseas travel these people do. He spent four nights on a yacht between Madeira and another smaller Portuguese island. He didn't enjoy that really apart from when birds or whales were about.

Here at home birds have been few and far between sadly. The storms last month have made a real mess of our feeders and we haven't actually managed to get out there and sort them out yet. We will be removing one of the poles when we do, there are far too many out there and seed is getting wasted in them. Then maybe we will get all our regulars come back. Jan is very happy right now seeing as her favourite bird, jackdaws are coming this year.

It's Saturday which means its famous date day. So how about Captain Cook discovering Hawaii in 1778, and just ten years later a penal colony was started in Botany Bay Australia. And since joining the bird club again I have another source of interesting bits n bobs; it seems that Benjamin Franklin didn't like the bald eagle of Americas' national bird. He preferred the turkey - and there are many who think that much more appropriate!

Another bird photo today then ... 

a female goosander at Draycote.

Today's funny is with thanks to the Sage again ...
Of course I love you darling,
You're a bloody top-notch bird,
And when I say you're gorgeous,
I mean every single word.

So your bum is on the big side,
I don't mind a bit of flab,
It means that when I'm ready,
There's somethin' there to grab,

So your belly isn't flat no more,
I tell you, I don't care,
So long as when I cuddle ya,
I can get my arms round there

No woman who is your age,
Has nice round perky breasts,
They just gave in to gravity,
But I know you did your best.

I'm tellin' you the truth now,
I never tell you lies,
I think it’s very sexy,
That you've got dimples on your thighs.

I swear on me grans's grave now,
The moment that we met,
I thought you was as good as,
I was ever gonna get.

No matter what u look like,
I'll always love you dear,
Now shut up while the footies on,
And fetch another beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment