Sunday 12 January 2014

BIrds, colds and lots to do



12 January

Yesterday we did at long last get out to do some birding. We didn't get all that many, only 29 species but it's a good enough start for the year.  I spotted one bird that I began to excited about though thinking it was a glaucous gull. Not having seen one before I wasn't happy about claiming it until I checked the books back home. It turned out to be herring gull ... ah well ... ... ... But this morning things got better when we saw a sparrow hawk on the fence just outside our flat. It didn't stay long but a nice spot anyway. Oh yes, I've checked the Draycote list for yesterday and saw that there was a yellow legged and two Mediterranean gulls there too. If we saw them we didn't recognise them. 

Going out yesterday as a bad choice for Jan. She has been suffering with a bad head cold all week but felt a lot better, so off we went. Today she is as bad as she was last week but with the cold down on her chest, and not in her head. As it was I got very cold about three parts round Draycote water (http://www.draycotebirding.co.uk/) and I began to get concerned that I too would come down with a dose of cough and cold. I hate it cos it takes me forever it seems to get over them. As it was I found it very hard this morning to just to sit up on the side of the bed, let alone stand up and get dressed.

 My photos from the other day have been done and later today I have another 147 to sort out from yesterday. I have a lot to do no matter how I feel so this will be a short one today, so for today you can have ... 

Some Apples.

I'm sure I can find something the Sage has sent the last few days ...

   MY ANNUAL APOLOGY

  
Over the past few months I have forwarded some inappropriate pictures and jokes
to friends who I thought shared the same sense of humour..
Unfortunately this wasn't the case and I seem to have upset quite a few people who have accused me of being sexist and shallow... 
If you were one of these people, please accept my sincerest apologies. 
Looking to 2014 onward, I will only post or send e-mails with a cultural or educational content such as old monuments, nature and other interesting topics.
Below is a picture of the Pont Neuf Bridge in Paris . It is the oldest bridge
in Paris and took 26 years to build. It was completed in 1604.

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment