Friday 31 January 2014

Having a laff, bad eyes and dirty thoughts



31 January

'Hello my darlings,' as Charlie Drake used to say. Charlie Drake, just one of a number of solo comedians who used to appear on the telly oh so long ago. I used like Charlie but mam and dad couldn't stand him so we didn't get to see him all that often. Two others spring to mind; Dick Emery and Benny Hill. I agreed with mam and dad that Emery was a waste of space and time. Benny Hill we all liked - sometimes, but always. He had his good and bad days. When he was good he was brilliant; when he was bad he really was bad. Three others we didn't like were Peter Sellers, Tony Hancock and Harry Worth. All three far too silly to laugh at!
What has made me write about them? Dunno ... just popped inta me ed as I sat down the 'puter to do this.

This morning Jan was at the Hussy for an follow up appointment over the possibility of glaucoma in her eyes. Happily she has been discharged and has no problems at all. I had to take her because they use drops that make your eyes sting and water like crazy and you're not allowed to drive straight after them. So on the way home we called into Asda for just a bit of shopping seeing as we are having my mate Kile for the weekend. He also wants to come next weekend too cos he doesn't like crowds in the house. That means that he will be with us for three weekends on the trot ... how will we survive ;-)))

Asda this morning ... I had done the shopping we needed and made my way out of the store back to car leaving Jan to go through the check out. I heard a clackclackclack behind me and watched as a young women, shorter than me (and I'm only 5' 4") muttering as she went past about the place being a maze - ah well ... As she was walking. no. mincing away in front of me I watched her as she took very small very fast steps, the Clacking coming from black boots that had like huge 'Cuban heels' on them. The whole make her butt wobbled up and down much more than normal ... I started to think about it when I saw it ...

NOW NOW!!! I was not thinking any naughty thoughts at all! No, I was thinking a clean wholesome thought. Over the years I have tried a lot of different pedometers, you know what I mean, those step counter things. I've always hung them on the waist band of my trousers but I wear loose trousers and the counters just wouldn't work properly. That lass this morning got me wondering whether clipping on to the back pocket of trousers/jeans whether it work properly seeing as has my hips have got steadily worse my hips are wobbling more and more. Might give it a go later if I can find one here in home.

And so to funny ... 

A family that could do with using pedometers.

And for a funny, here's something the Sage sent a few days ago that I had forgotten about ...

No comments:

Post a Comment