Sunday 26 January 2014

Hail, Smile Brook and the media



26 January

Today is our 34th anniversary, Happy Anniversary Jan.

Yesterday saw me birding at Brandon Marsh and Coombe Abbey. It was a nice day mainly but I was more than a little pleased after racing back to the car when the hail storm we had struck. The disabled parking spaces are close to the visitor centre and they face into the direction from where the hail was being blown in from. With the boot lid of the Doblo up I was sheltered from it. I was happy to cut things short at that point seeing as I'd added 14 to my year list with one them, tree pipit being a life tick too.

I haven't mentioned Benefit Street before have I? The reason for that is that I can't understand what all the fuss is about, not so many claimants, Brum has some of the highest levels of unemployment in the UK, but for those people to be so daft as to trust Channel 4 to be objective and fair. They are renown for being a back stabbing bunch and I certainly wouldn't agree to take part in one their show. Of course, TV channels are not the only media that plays lose and free with news and current affairs are they. Here's a link to the Dorktown News facebook page from yesterday ...  http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/Galley-Common-Grove-Farm-hit-mini-tornado/story-20500855-detail/story.html
Galley Common and Grove Farm aren't anywhere the 'heart of Nuneaton' with both of them being three or four miles outside of town. I have left a message to that effect on the page.

Yesterday's photos included one I got yesterday at Coombe Abbey; that river is named Smile Brook by the way. So today's photo is also from Coombe ... 

An Egyptian goose.

And today's funny ...   

 I was at work this morning, stacking boxes of soap powder when my new girlfriend came walking down the aisle of the supermarket.
She looked at me, puzzled.
She said “You told me you were an aerobatic stunt pilot”
I replied” No I didn’t, I told you I was part of the Ariel display team”

No comments:

Post a Comment