Sunday 30 September 2012

Cameras, a broad sheet, and a promise!



30 September 2012

There is a first for me today.  I've just watched a show on the CI channel called Sins and Sinners.  Now a bad show really.  But the 'first came when the cop photographer was shown working the crime scene.  Normally they use a camera where the name is blackout or Nikon/Canon cameras, but today I saw an Sony Alpha camera being used.  Couldn't see one it was mind, but refreshing to see a move away from the C&N usuals.

According to an email I got a few weeks ago both parties we're aiming to get our house sale completed by tomorrow.  When I spoke to our legal team during last week they said that there was no way it would be done by then and that they don't make such promises.  I shall sort out the email soon and see what they have to say about that! 

While I was in town yesterday I bought a copy of the Daily Telegraph.  I really do wish it would go tabloid size; then I would place an order for it on daily basis.  The big surprise was that I managed to get to read all of what I was interested yesterday, with nothing left over for today.  That's rare for me  to be honest, so perhaps it's a good job they are keeping with the broad sheet format ;-)))

For some time I've been on about joining the Disabled Photography Club.  Well, I did do something about and filled out the on-line form but instead of also filling out the payment form I clicked the wrong button.  The administrator emailed to let me know about it and at long last I have now do that part of it too.  All In need now is the membership details to arrive so I can take part.   

And while I am on the photo-theme ... I have come across some worrying reports of the Sony A77 starting to fail after 12 months.  Well, the A77 will be my next camera but seeing the reports on Flicker I got more than a tad concerned.  Well, I posted a question about it on two photo forums I read on a daily basis but without getting any real answers.  There seems to be four issues; a, the difference between what is seen in live view and the finished shot; b, a dull viewfinder; c, slow auto-focus; d, a thin layer of dust on the mirror.  Well, the camera isn't the normal DSLR camera; it has a fixed translucent mirror which would cause the first two.  Slow AF may be down to the battery being low in charge.  As for the dust, well, it's something all DSLR photographers have to contend with when they change lenses.  At least cleaning dust of the mirror will be a lot easier than cleaner the sensor!  At least I hope so ;-)))

Because of all this I had started to look at other choices.  I really do like the new Olympus OM E, and micro four/thirds camera based on the old OM series of 35mm film cameras.  The Nikon D7000 doesn't have the articulated rear screen and I wasn't all that impressed with D5100, a cheaper version of D7000.  I have also been looking at Pentax K-30 - but I need to do more reading up on that one.  At the moment the A77 is still in the lead.

Today's photo is this one ... 

a spiders web on the shed door in the back yard of our house.  This was shot on my current A350.  As you can see, it's still producing some stunning shots, indeed, I've used this one on the cover for my Web of Hate novel.  So perhaps you're wondering why I want to replace it?  Well, it is now four years old and is showing its age.  The technology has moved on now as well.  It really is time to move on.

And so to today's funny ...

A German guy approaches a prostitute. "I vish to buy sex viz you".
"OK"says the girl, "I charge 100 Euro".
"Ist goot, but I must varn you, I am a little kinky".
"No problem" she replies cautiously, "I can do a little kinky". So off they go to the girl's flat, where the German produces four large bedsprings and a duck caller.
"I vant you to tie ze springs to each of your limbs".
The girl finds this most odd, but complies,fastening the springs to her hands and knees.
"Now you vill get on your hans und knees" She duly does this, balancing on the springs.
"You vill please blow zis vistle as I make love to you."
She finds this odd, but figures it's harmless, and the guy is paying. The sex is fantastic. She is bounced all over the room by the energetic German, all the time honking on the duck caller. The climax is the most sensational that she has ever experienced, and it is several minutes
before she has recovered the breath to say:
"That was totally amazing, what do you call that?"

SCROLL DOWN..................


"Ah", says the German, "Four-sprung duck technique".

No comments:

Post a Comment