Wednesday 12 September 2012

Sneezes, trains and a bird list

12 September 2012

According to a letter I got from our legal team saying that the sale of the house would be completed by October 1st, there is now only 18 days left.  So why is it that they have only just sent out the contract to the buyers legal team?  I can see it going on for a lot longer.

A number of local authorities have banded together and have managed to the HS2 proposal go to a judicial review.  Having been close to the line of HS1 while at Rainham RSPB site, I can confirm that train noise is very high.  If HS2 is only 50% quieter it will still be too high.  Add in the £32 billion price tag, the loss of land to the line - all for a saving of only 20 minutes on the journey from Brum to London, I can't see it being a worthwhile project.  I am hoping it gets canned by the courts.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but it looks as though the pub, The Anchor will be opening soon under new management.  The TO LET sing has gone anyway.  Maybe it might go through a bit of a revamp first though.  It doesn't look as if it needed one the last time I was in there but who knows, it might get it anyway.

Yesterday we headed off to have a look at a mobility shop in Rugby that we didn't know was there.  It's rather small and cramped but the lass who spoke to us was very knowledgeable and polite and most of all, friendly.  Sadly she only had one scooter at our price range.  It would have been OK for me but was no good for Jan; she needs to be able to stretch her legs out.  We will eventually find what we are looking for I'm sure - even if it is the same model as our current ones.

Nothing has happened on the writing front for some time now.  Photo Finish waits to continue; Web of Hate waits for me to finish the editing/formatting.  Part of the problem is that we keep recording programmes on the Virgin Box and we want to watch them.  I record Harrison Ford in The Fugitive when it was on weeks ago - and we still haven't watched it yet!  This morning I sat and watched that one about the Yorkshire Ripper this morning.  On top of all that there is all the reading I do too; magazines, books, news papers - Jan bought me the Telegraph last weekend and I still haven't read that!  Another one I have just thought about is our yearly bird list which I do as a Word doc.  I can't remember the last time I did anything with that.  And then of course there is this blog to do.  So many things, so little time ... ... ...

Today's photo then is this one ... 

The Bill Wobblypointystick, or Globe Theatre.

Today's funny ...

A man and a woman were sitting beside each other in the first class section of a plane. The woman sneezed, took out a tissue, gently wiped her nose and then shuddered quite violently for 10 or 15 seconds.
The man went back to his reading. A few minutes later, the woman sneezed again, took a tissue, gently wiped her nose and shuddered quite violently as before.
The man was becoming more and more curious about the shuddering. A few more minutes passed and the woman sneezed one more time. Again she took a tissue, gently wiped her nose and shuddered violently.
The man couldn't restrain his curiosity. He turned to the woman and said, "You've sneezed three times, wiped your nose with a tissue, then shuddered violently! Are you all right?"
"I'm sorry if I disturbed you," the woman replied, "I have a rare condition; when I sneeze, I have an orgasm."
The man was! a little embarrassed but even more curious and said, "I've never heard of that before. What are you taking for it?"
The woman looked at him and said, "Pepper."             

No comments:

Post a Comment