Tuesday 11 September 2012

Boris, Dave, and back yard wildlife

11 September 2012

And so the Olympics are now finally over and done with for another four years.  I'm not a sporty sort of guy but I did enjoy what sports I did see on the telly.  Of course, having got my hands on one of the torches might have helped with that.  But no matter what anyone might actually think of sports overall, no one can take anything away from the hard work and dedication that those athletes have put in, everyone of which who won a medal deserves it.

Today we are stuck in waiting for a guy to come in from council to see just what work needs to be done to remove the bath we have and to install a level access shower.  We are no hoping that it will get done a lot quicker than we were originally told.  That will save us from having to walk down to the sheltered complex to get a shower; not a good idea with such a drop in temperature.  We are dreading have to do that walk during the winter!

Bramcote Hospital is closed and being sold off with the cash raised being invested into health care within this area.  Or at least that was the plan.  Now it seems that with changes coming in to effect next April, if the sale doesn't happen until after they do then the cash will be lost and will be used outside this area.  That is one change that hasn't been trumpeted all over the media.  I wonder how many other trusts who will be caught out with that one?  We may never know!

Buffoon Boris is being targeted as a stalking horse to get rid of Daft Dave in #10.  According to yesterdays Maily Dale Col Mike Stewart was approached by two Tory colleagues to do that same job.  He told them to get lost!  What is  it with these crazy Tories that can't be open and honest about their silly games.  I don't like Daft Dave but for his own side to plot against him in this way really does show just how bad the Tories are deep down in their souls.  Treacherous and underhanded come to mind.  And yet the British electorate will keep on voting them into power and then complain about them afterwards.  Great Britain?  How about changing it to Going Bonkers?

I thought that scrap metal was worth a lot of dosh these, that's why there is a huge trade in stolen metal.  But yesterday when Jan went to a scrap yard to get rid of her old scooter which weighed in at around 30kg, she was paid just £4.50.  That doesn't seem to be a lot in anyone's language.  Or is the high price only available to dodgy scrap metal?

Jan and I got excited when we had a flock of goldfinches on our birdfeeders.  We also had a sparrow hawk out back to and Jan got some excellent shots of it.  Well worth getting excited about methinks.  Now then, a few years ago I went off on one of my fancies and began looking at my family history.  I didn't get very far with the Clark side but the Jayne side was very interesting indeed.  From that I learned about a lady in the States by the name of Janice Jayne St Gemme.  Janice currently live in Colorado.  So what has this to do with British birds?  Well Janice has set up some cameras in her back yard to keep an eye on what wild life there was around her.  One morning there was a shot of brown bear!  And we got excited over a sparrow hawk ;-)))

So now I have to find a photo ... 

 

ah yes, a brown bear in Belfast Zoo.

Today's funny isn't the best but it made me smile at least ...    

A man suspected of SARS is lying in bed with a mask over his mouth. A young auxiliary nurse sponges his face and hands.
"Nurse" he mumbles from behind the mask, "Are my testicles black ?"
Embarrassed the young nurse replies "I don't know I'm only here to wash your face and hands".
He struggles again to ask "Are my testicles black ?"
Again the nurse replies "I can't tell, I'm only here to wash your face and hands".
The Sister was passing and saw the man getting a little distraught so she enquired what was wrong.
"Sister" he mumbled, "Are my testicles black ?"
Being a nurse of long-standing, the Sister was undaunted. She whipped back the bedclothes, pulled down his pyjama bottoms, had a good look, pulled up the pyjamas, replaced the bedclothes and announced "Nothing wrong with your testicles".
At this the man pulled off his mask
"I SAID...Are my TESTS RESULTS BACK!!!???"
         

No comments:

Post a Comment