Sunday 16 September 2012

Runners, photos and writing pens



16 September 2012

I've been sat watching the Great North Run this morning.  I can't help but admire the runners, all of them!  The elite runners are used to it of course but the 40,000+ so called fun runners make such an event so special.  I really do admire what they manage to do and the effort they put in to achieve it.  Then I think of what I used to do in my teens and can't help but feel sorry I can't get out there with them.

I'm sure you don't need to be told but yesterday the Irish Daily Star also printed the photo's of Kate and an Italian magazine is on about publishing them in the next few days.  What is wrong with these morons?  What is it in their mind set that makes them take actions which they know will be controversial and cause upset on their targets?  I'm rather surprised that Murdoch hasn't ordered The Sun to publish them as well as he is supposed to have done with the Harry photos.  Is he learning some manners or is he worried that here in the UK we have stronger privacy laws that he doesn't want to flout? 

Some time ago I bought one of those Staedtler pens that record your writing so it can be up loaded to your PC.  It has been used a few times and it does actually work.  But since we moved two and a half months ago I had forgotten all about it.  So yesterday I set off down town on me scooter just to get out of home for a couple of hours and I ended up in the Willy White - drinking Stella and hand writing into one of my many hand books.  That was when I could kicked myself for forgetting all about the recorder-pen thingy.  Mind you, if I had remembered it, it wouldn't have mattered seeing as its battery was out of charge ;-)))  It's on charge now though!

Web of Hate still isn't right yet.  I got an email saying that it needs a few tweaks to get it right.  So now I have to go through it again to get it right.  As I was working through it yesterday I kept finding myself lost in the story and had to stop and get on with what I should be doing.  I'll be glad when it's all done and I can get a proof copy sent out.  Then both Jan and me will be able to sit and read it all.  So for today's photo is of the book cover ...
 
Funny time ... a short one that sums up my thoughts on CW music (?) ...
 
Q :What happens if you play country music backwards?

A :You sober up, your estranged wife comes home and your faithful dog comes back to life. (Laughter is the best medicine, Readers Digest)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment