Wednesday 5 September 2012

Sunny day, dreams and a warning!

5 September 2012

A nice bright sunny day here in Dorktown today; not that it will do us any good mind.  Jan has had a really bad night with being sick a number of times during the night, and has continued again this morning.  Good job we hadn't planned anything for today then eh!

We watched that A Mother's Son that was on telly these last two days. Although I don't particularly like Martin Clunes as a so-called comedian, he is a lot better as a straight drama actor.  Although it was a similar story line to the first of the Accused stories, there were enough differences in it to make worth while watching.  But have you noticed how things work with telly shows?  Over the last few weeks there has been a number of very useful dramas broadcast.  It may be as way of giving something other than the Olympics to watch of course but I've noticed it before.  They all get a lot of good dramas all at the same time and they show them all at the time instead of spreading them out.  It's done of course to attract more viewers their competition; but dies that really work in these days of Catch-up TV, recording devices of one sort or another and of course on-line.  I wouldn't think so.

I am serious ticked off with CreateSpace, the self publishing arm of Amazon.  It seems that they have changed the way the site works and I'm really struggling with it now.  It was hard enough before and but now it's a lot worse.  Maybe I'll have a look at Lulu and see if that any better.  Because of the time I've been spending on sorting out Web of Hate (yes, I have finally found a real title for 18 Months Later), nothing is getting done of Photo Finish.  I suppose I will have to spend some more time it on soon though.

It's market day today again.  I think that if Jan is up to being left here I might actually go out for an hour this afternoon, if for no other reason, to try get away from the snakes everywhere in my head.  Not real snakes of course but the dream snakes from early this morning.  In it we had visited some friends in Cornwall.  Sandy and Alex were doing just great but everywhere I turned there was a snake making its way into the house.  I got really fed-up with them so we left there and headed to Martin and Pam's place in Devon.  Their home had even more snakes than Sandy and Alex's place.  I woke up at that point hearing Jan throwing up again.  Bad for Jan but fine for me - got me clear of the damned snakes!  Maybe it's a reaction to snake shots I got at the zoo on Sunday.

Here's my favourite shot from Sunday - no, not another snake ... 

just two rock hopper penguins in their pool.

Now, let's see if I can find and non-blonde funny for today ... got one - got one ...

John was fixing to his gate a warning sign which read: "Beware of the budgie".
"Budgies aren't dangerous," pointed out a bewildered passer-by.
"Not usually," replied John. "But this one whistles for the dog."      

No comments:

Post a Comment