Monday 1 October 2012

A nice day, face saving and #1 grandson



1 October 2012

Monday morning, funny but windy.  A nice day really but can we trust the weather not to turn wet if we went out on the scooter?  Well, I'm not risking it today.  There's nothing to go out for at the moment so I'm not going out for nothing.  Hang on, yes there is; I need my hair cutting so maybe I will be going out today but in the car I think, not on the scooter.

So KFC has won the planning row over building a new outlet where once the Graziers Arms once stood.  It's on a one-way system out of town that can be busy at peak times; there's no parking available so it has to be a drive through; and it's around 100 metres from a school!  Now why am I not surprised by that?  There was a programme on telly not so long ago about just how many fast food outlets there are close to schools all over the country.  Fast food is not the most diet friendly food of all is it?  Last time I had a KFC was about 10 years ago and it was running with cooking oil.  Not good if you need to watch what you are eating for health reason. 

It seems that a compromise has been made over the blue wrist bands at the Dorktown Academy.  Now there will be a newly designed tie which the kids can wear one week in every term where fund raising for charity can take place.  There will also be a permanent memorial for the boy who died.  Common sense sort of prevails I suppose although I can't help but think that there is an element of face saving on the part of the principle.

We had Kile over the weekend and as per normal he was very good.  We don't know but every so often he goes off the rails and becomes very naughty.  This lasts for several weeks at a time and his mum gets pretty well shattered when it happens.  Then suddenly it all stops again and for months on end he is the good boy we had over the weekend.  He likes coming to us because Jan has a iPad and a DS 3D and when he remembers a Wii machine too.  Mind you, we have to put with the boy-speak sound effects when he's playing them.  Any thoughts of me getting any writing done while he's here go out the window.  Feeding him is easy though.  He eats a lot better than his dad ever did.  Kile and me normally share a pizza one day, and on Saturday we had a chicken burger and chips.  Last time he was with us we shared a curry and rice.  I bought both a chicken and beef curry and we had a half n half.  Even the rice we had half n half too.  Jan won't eat curry - ha well ... ... ...

So here's a photo of Kile then ... 

taken at Meadow Hall shopping centre.

And from the Rochdale Sage ...

A man joins a very exclusive nudist colony  On his first day there, he takes off his clothes and starts to wander around .  A gorgeous petite blonde walks by, and the man immediately gets an erection.  The woman notices his erection, comes over to him and says, 'Did you
call for me?'
The man replies, 'No, what do you mean?'  She says, 'You must be new here. Let me explain. It's a rule here that if you get an erection, it implies you called for me.'
Smiling, she leads him to the side of the swimming pool, lies down on a towel, eagerly pulls him to her and happily lets him have his way with her.
The man continues to explore the colony's facilities. He enters the sauna and, as he sits down, he farts....
Within minutes, a huge, hairy man lumbers out of the steam-room toward him, 'Did you call for me?' says the hairy man.
'No, what do you mean?' says the newcomer.
'You must be new,' says the hairy man, 'it's a rule that if you fart, it implies that you called for me.' The huge man easily spins him around, bends him over a bench and has his way with him.
The newcomer staggers back to the colony office, where he is greeted by the smiling, naked receptionist, 'May I help you?' she says.
The man yells, 'Here's my membership card. You can have the key back and you can keep the $500.00 membership fee.'
'But, Sir,' she replies, 'you've only been here for a few hours. You haven't had the chance to see all our facilities.'
The man replies, 'Listen lady, I'm 68 years old. I only get an erection once a month. I fart 35 times a day 

No comments:

Post a Comment