Friday 7 September 2012

Puppies, eyes and a day out

7 September 2012

I did get to the hospital today and was surprised and relieved when I came out.  The relief was because although the doctor found the floaters he said that they were something I had to learn to live with because there was nothing that can be done about them.  My eyes are OK and there is no damage or bleeding to them, so all is clear there.  The surprise was that I was in and out in less than two hours.  The eye clinic can be very busy and it's not unknown for casualty patients to be there for four or five hours.  See, surprised and relieved. 

Sometime last evening we had our free paper stuffed through the letter box.  There are a couple of ads for all inclusive holidays to Saluo and Mallorca for £279.  That's not a bed price so I will keep the ads for when we get the dosh to go.  We are also hoping that things quiet down in North Belfast too.  There are plans for us to go over there to visit Lynda and family.  I won't be fancying it if there is loads of rioting going on.

The rear of the area where we live is a small community that is usually safe and secure.  There are gates at all the entry points that are always locked.  However last night someone left one of the gates at the far end open.  The result is that someone got in and have taken a load of large ceramic plant pots and garden ornaments that some residents have set out around there living room window and door.  What is wrong with these people?  Why do they feel the need to steal from other people?  I can't see them being worth all that much really so surely it couldn't have been for drug money?  Bloody nutters some folks.

But at least they were fairly safe stealing that stuff but others are breaking into electricity sub-stations and stealing cabling from them.  How stupid can any one person get with only one head?  Do they realize the risk they are taking?  Again, is it for drug money?  If it is I'm very pleased I never got involved with drugs when I was younger.  To be that desperate for drugs they must be living a nightmare.

Tomorrow we will be up early so we can head out for a trip to Blacktoft Sands RSPB site.  We normally get a good list there so we are looking forward to it.  I bits ready for our shall need to get the sarnies to take with us.  No idea when we will get back cos we'll be heading for Cleethorpes for a couple of hours before we head back home.

And guess what?  I have an earlier shot of Cleethorpes Pier ...  

I got this one a couple of years ago when I up that way.

And I suppose you want your funny now ...

A little boy and his dad were walking down the street when they saw two dogs having sex. The little boy asks his father "Daddy, what are they doing" The father says, "Making a puppy." So they walk on and go home.
A few days later, the little boy walks in on his parents having sex. The little boy says, "Daddy, what are you doing?" The father replies, "Making a baby." The little boy says, "Well, flip her around! I'd rather have a puppy instead!"                    

No comments:

Post a Comment