Wednesday 11 July 2012

A zoo, the Law and a few quotes

11 July 2012

The Law seems to be a joke to a lot people these days.  The News reports on benefit fiddlers were up in Warwick Crown Court for falsely claiming £30,000.  However, one of them turned up at court drunk!  Is it any wonder though?  Despite the clear contempt of court the person concerned was jailed for 21 months for fraud but the judge then said, "The court has sufficient dignity not to punish him for that."  I hope the judge remembers that when the same man appears before him again in a drunken state!

As I pointed out yesterday there are seems to be very few jobs out there these days.  Yet and man who owes £570 in fine arrears has not himself a job and offered £500 to clear off the whole £2,180 fine.  That must be some job if he can pay that much seeing as he is a married man with two children.  There are a lot of people about who wouldn't mind that job he's managed to get.

Some time ago I mentioned that a housing developer wants to build 300+ homes on green belt land in Weddington.  Well, we went for a ride round today and had a look at the site where they want to build.  No wonder the locals are up in arms over it!  It's a really lovely spot and should be left alone.  The protestors now have a new supporter!

Also today we went off to the house and picked up a few more bits and pieces.  Basically all we left to do there is one charity shop run and one tip run followed by a clean through and we will be done there.  We will both be pleased to see end of it.  It's becoming a bit of a drain on us right now and seems to be taking forever to get done.  We are both pleased that this will be our last move.  It just far too much work for us now, we are just not up in to it.

Jan is wanting to go over the water to Ulster again soon.  So we will be looking for a cottage again for a few days.  Maybe we will do a week in Ulster and then a week right down on the south coast.  We enjoyed it last time we went there so why not try it again?  I shall be looking on-line again soon.

Did you know that Belfast has a zoo?  Well, you do now and here's part of the pathway to it ...  

 We couldn't walk up there now, that's for sure.

The Rochdale Sage has sent me a new one ...

Sometimes, when I look at my children, I say to myself, 'Lillian, you should have remained a virgin.'
- Lillian Carter (mother of Jimmy Carter )
 
I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: - 'No good in a bed, but fine against a wall.'
- Eleanor Roosevelt 

Last week, I stated this woman was the ugliest woman I had ever seen. I have since been visited by her sister, and now wish to withdraw that statement.
- Mark Twain
     

No comments:

Post a Comment