Monday 2 July 2012

Rain, more rain and knickers

2 July 2012

As with most of the country we have rain yet again, well, you know, just for a change ;-)))

After four years of being away from Council Housing I had forgotten just how slap dash  and downright awkward they can be.  When I signed the tenancy agreement for this place Jan was in hospital.  Last Friday we went to the Council House about getting Jan listed on the agreement as well as me.  I know it sounds daft but the housing officers for Nuneaton are based in Bedworth.  We were too busy to get there on then so we made our way over there this morning ... and guess what?  Jan can't be put onto the agreement until they see our marriage licence or unless she has been living here with me for twelve months.  The dork in the Council House didn't tell us that!  Now we have to go back over there yet again to see to it.  See what I mean?

From Bed'th we made our way round to Bracebridge Street to get some more cleaning done.  The thing is, with both of us have mobility and health problems it doesn't take long for us to get really tired out.  Sometimes it's me that shouts 'enough' sometimes, like to today it's Jan.  I'm hoping we can be done fairly quickly though.  The sooner I can get the keys handed to the estate agent the better for both of us.  Then we can relax properly and enjoy our new home to the full.  

From there we headed off to Asda a cuppa.  Jan had a small bottle of milk ... 250mls - 60p!  Bloody expensive!  You do of course realise that pint for pint it's cheaper to buy beer than tea and coffee don't you?  I did have a cuppa and an egg mayo buttie, which was rather nice really.  But there again, you can't really go wrong with an egg and mayo buttie can you?  Or can you ... ... ...

Every so often I mention Muppet Central down the Big Smoke.  Well, the building itself is pretty spectacular and I deliberately hung about late one evening to get some nice shots of it.  Here's one ... 


A funny ...

A young man wanted to purchase a gift for his new sweetie for Valentine's Day. As they had not been dating very long, it was very difficult decision. After careful consideration he decided a good gift would be a pair of gloves. Accompanied by his sister, he went to the store and bought the gloves. His sister purchased a pair of panties at the same time.
The clerk carefully wrapped both items but in the process got them mixed up. The sister was handed the gloves and the young man got the panties.
The young man mailed his Valentine's Day gift with the following note:
"This special Valentines Day gift was chosen because I noticed you are in the habit of not wearing any when we go out in the evenings. If it had not been for my sister, I would have chosen the ones with buttons, but she prefers short ones that are much easier to remove.
"These are a lovely shade, the lady I bought them from showed me the pair she had been wearing for the past three weeks and they were hardly soiled. I had her try yours on for me and they looked quite lovely.
I wish I was there to put them on you for the first time; no doubt, other hands will come into contact with them before I have a chance to see you again.
When you take them off, remember to blow on them lightly before putting them away as they will naturally be a little damp from wearing.
Just think how many times I'll be kissing them in the future. I hope you'll wear them Friday night for me.
Love, Cuddle Bear
p.s. The sales lady says the latest style is to wear them folded down with just a little fur showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment