Friday 6 July 2012

Torches, water and a private member

6 July 2012

We both needed a bit of break yesterday so we went off for a ride in the car.  Jan wasn't sure about doing any driving so I did it all.  We ended up in Llandudno.  As you are all aware the Olympics will soon be upon us and to get us in the mood there's the Torch Relay making its way around the UK.  We actually live about 6 miles from where the torches were made but it was about double that where the nearest point was where we could have seen it.  Well, we did see one on the sea front of Llandudno.   

... Jan holding the torch, and ... 

me doing the same, taken by Jan.  Now here's the thing though ...

How many of those 8,000 torches will see the light of day again after their one big day?  Why not put the torch to some good use?  Well, the owner of this one has done just that.  He (sorry, I didn't get his name), teamed up  with a breast cancer charity and allowed passersby to have the their photos taken holding the torch as long as they made a contribution to the charity.  A brilliant idea to my mind.  It seems logical to do just that with the torches, so big well done to that guy.

At around 6pm last night I was getting a bit peckish so we ended up in a Whetherspoons pub.  Of course it was curry night so I had the Chicken Balti and very nice it was too.  But hang on, I didn't actually finish it.  Now that really is a first!  The only reason I can think of for not finishing it is that I agreed to make it 'feast', which added Bombay potatoes, a simosa and an onion barji to it.   
 Whatever, I couldn't finish it at all. 

I like Whetherspoons pubs.  They always seem to be clean and well looked after, the food is freshly cooked and I've yet to have a bad one there.  Same with the real ale too.  But this one is certainly the best one in the chain I've been to.  It's called the Palladium and just look at all this ... 

The building is a converted theatre and what a cracking job they have made of it.  Well done guys!!!

With us being off gallivanting yesterday I have no idea as to what the weather was like here in Dorktown.  We had a beautiful sunny day all day, although it did chill down a wee bit as we came back south along the M6.  Today's rain is a disappointment though.  I suppose we have to have some rain, but it can be overdone a bit.  Maybe we all need to send a few emails skywards to wake up the man upstairs and tell him is cistern is overflowing ;-)))

I took a lot of photos yesterday and like most people I've decided not to use most of them.  In fact, of the 135 shoots I took, just 39 have been uploaded to my flicker account. Here's one more from yesterday then that I got while out and about.   

This shot is of the river as it flows through Llangollen.  We were hoping to see dipper there but with that amount of water there was no chance.       

Today's funny is brilliant!!!

Password  

A woman was helping her husband set up his computer, and at the appropriate point in the process, told him that he would now need to enter a password.. Something he will use to log on. The husband was in a rather amorous mood and figured he would try for the shock effect to bring this to his wife's attention. So, when the computer asked him to enter his password, he made it plainly obvious to his wife that he was keying in P...
E...
N...
I...
S.
His wife fell off her chair laughing when the computer replied: ***PASSWORD REJECTED. NOT LONG ENOUGH***

No comments:

Post a Comment