Thursday 26 July 2012

Lots'a'dosh, clean cars and a couple of days out

26 July 2012

Yesterday we were under a cloudy sky in York and it shows in the photos I took; the day before we were slowly baking in Brum, mega hot there - that's why I haven't posted anything for a day or two.

Sometime I will get over to Coventry to do a bit of snapping over there.  I shall take my Sony but I shall also take my Nikon 5100 too.  The reason for that is that it has a Panoramic assist function.  On the telly earlier this week there was a report filmed in Broadgate and by the looks of it they have done a terrific job of revamping it, that is why I want to try a 3600 shot of it.  There's quite a few others over there to that I shall be having a go at.

Jan and I went over to the house to collect the last of the items that we want for over here.  There's loads of stuff gone to various charities over the last few weeks.  Tomorrow we will be there again so that the last of the furniture we don't need can be collected.  After that we have a load for the tip and then we are done with the house, we can hand over all the keys and can sit and wait until we get the dosh from the house sale.  At long last we will be done with place.  By the time we had finished there today we were both very thirsty so we went off for a pint.  We were both ready for it and my pint of San Miguel slide down very easily ;-)))  Anyway, and here's the point of all this ...

We had been home for some time when I noticed I noticed that my Blackberry was missing.  We hunted for it all over the place; Jan called it from her phone and although it was ringing we couldn't hear it.  So I went out and checked the car - not there.  Jan met me as I went back in to say that I had left it at the pub, so off I went.  But I noticed as it returned to the car just how clean it looked.  I had put it through the car wash the day I last went down to London and it still looked clean today.  The same two week period over at the house and it would need doing again, probably in less than two weeks.  So yet another advantage in us moving here then!  

So, seeing as I have some new photos I had better post s couple of them; here they be ...
 On top is the castle mound in York, the bottom is the one time bookstore that I can't remember the name of now but is currently a Jamies Italian place.  I like the refection of the Flying Suacer building.

And a funny ...

Sitting by the window of her convent, Sister Barbara opened a letter from home one evening. Inside the letter was a $100 bill her parents had sent.  Sister Barbara smiled at the gesture. As she read the letter by the window, she noticed a shabbily dressed stranger leaning against the lamp post below.
Quickly, she wrote, "Don't despair. Sister Barbara," on a piece of paper, wrapped the $100 bill in it, got the man's attention and tossed it out the window to him. The stranger picked it up, and with a puzzled expression and a tip of his hat, went off down the street.
The next day, Sister Barbara was told that a man was at her door, insisting on seeing her. She went down, and found the stranger waiting. Without a word, he handed her a huge wad of $100 bills.
"What's this?" she asked. 
"That's the $8,000 you have coming Sister," he replied. "Don't Despair paid 80-to-1."       

No comments:

Post a Comment