Sunday 8 July 2012

Ageing, curry and a visit

8 July 2012

Sunday morning and for once Jan is having a day off church.  She decided that last night, mainly because she is still tired from after effects of her operation but also our day out the other day.  Yesterday we were over at the house while someone came and took the two desks away for us.  There's one drop leaf table and four slightly dodgy chairs and one scrappy book case left now.  After that it's just cleaning - although there's not a lot of that left to do either.

It's a good job Jan had decided on having a day off from church because was wracked with waves of stomach pains most of the night. The only thing we can think of that she has had out of the ordinary for her is a pear of Friday and an apple yesterday.  Jan isn't a big fan of fruit anyway so we think that so quickly was enough to cause the pain she had. 

Yesterday we had visitors.  Pam and Martin came to see us for the first time in I don't know how long.  They used to be regular visitors but it dropped off some time ago.  Now they have moved to Devon but come back because their two sons Keith and Ian still live in the area.  We see Keith fairly often but Ian we haven't seen for years.  Not surprising really seeing as he lives in Rugby. 

Last night I surprised myself by managing to get a wee bit of Photo Finish done.  It's still open under this document now so I shall be doing a bit more later as well.  I do seem to be struggling with it right now though.  It's being written in both first person and third person, and I need to keep a eye on where I am within the story.  It's a lot harder than I anticipated but I want to keep at it because I would like it to become the start of series.  However, there's a little saying about 'men and their plans' that keeps raising its head and knocking me off course.

No paper today, I have to go and get one if I want one but right now I can't be bothered.  But we have had something come through the letter box.  I'm sure you all get the local takeaway leaflets come through your door, just as we do.  The mail preferencing service doesn't stop those of course.  Normally they are just a cheaply mass printed A4 sheet folded in to three.  The one that arrived today was miles different.  It was an A4 sheet of card, professionally produced and printed and it looked very good indeed.  It was advertising a balti restaurant/takeaway on Queens Road here in Dorktown.  No matter who well it was presented and produced, it won't entice us to buy from there.  I like balti food but it's a tad too far from us now and no matter how well they wrapped the items it will still cool down enough to need nuking for I eat it.  Jan won't touch the stuff anyway, so it's very much a treat for me.  And seeing as I lost 2lbs since the last time I was on the scales, I won't be having all that much now.

For today's photo then I have gone for this one ... 

It's another shot inside of the Palladium in Llandudno.  I was looking for it yesterday but managed to file it in the wrong folder.  I just found it while searching for another photo that is on the 'food' thread.  Some time ago I was in Camden Town and found a place where there are lots of food outlets and I got really nice shot of one of the Chinese ladies behind her food display.  I shall have to look for again later.

So for a Sunday funny ...

A family is sitting around the supper table. The son asks his father, "Dad, how many kinds of breasts are there?
The father, surprised, answers, "Well, son, there are three kinds of breasts. In her twenties, a women's breasts are like melons, round and firm. In her thirties to forties, they are like pears, still nice but hanging a bit. After fifty, they are like onions."
"Onions?"
"Yes, see them and they make you cry."
This infuriated the wife and daughter so the daughter said, "Mum, how many kinds of willies are there?"  The mother, surprised, smiles and looks at her daughter and answers,
"Well dear, a man goes through three phases. In a man's twenties, his willy is like an oak tree, mighty and hard. In his thirties and forties, it is a birch, flexible but reliable. After his fifties, it is like a Christmas tree "
"A Christmas tree?"
"Yes, dead from the root up and the balls are for decoration only"     

No comments:

Post a Comment