Tuesday 13 December 2011

Yet another Senior Moment!

13 December 2011

What a wally!  My digital pen arrived yesterday and I got very excited by it all.  I installed to software on my 'puter; put the thingy-me-bob in the whojarwotsit (or ink cartridge in the pen barrel if what to be accurate ... I knew what I meant ;-))) ), and that I thought was it.  But yesterday I was a tad busy getting cold in town and warming back up when I got home to give it a go.  So this afternoon I set it up and tried to turn the base unit on ... the battery is dead!  Now why didn't I think of that before?  It's now plugged in to the lappy getting charged.  I will post a review of it soon, I promise ;-)))

But before that, a word of warning.  I was at PC World and asked about these pens and if they sold them.  The guy I spoke to said that all the pens could only be used on 'dot paper'.  I ended up paying £14.99 for four A5 pads.  Now here's the warning;  I bought a Staedtler pen from Amazon ... (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Staedtler-990-01-Digital-Pen/dp/B003HLPJPK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323785571&sr=8-1) and it says clearly on there that it will write on ordinary paper, and indeed it does so.  But if you buy one of the other brands it may not write in normal paper.  When I first found out about this I was rather disappointed thinking that the cost would go up quite a lot as time went on.  Anyway, I'll let you know how I get on soon.

We had an early start this morning seeing as Jan had an 9.15 appointment at the hospital for tests.  I won't go into details other than to say that nothing was found out of the ordinary and everything was given the all clear.  We go through it all again tomorrow for another set of tests and hopefully that will be the last of it. 

What of Dorktown then ... There's still a lot fumbling around whether to close the paediatrics at the George Eliot hospital.  This has been on the cards for some time now the powers that be backed down a few years ago when Dorktowners got up on their hind legs and kicked up about it.  However, I can see it closing down eventually no matter what the locals do.  That decision has been made whether we like it or not and now it's down to when they do it.  "What's next?" is my question! 

Not much going on other than that I suppose.  I get tired of reading of bleeding heart liberals and mamby pamby magistrates and judges letting crims off after the offend.  But it's happened here yet again. 
 
That'll do for today I think ... ... ...   

No comments:

Post a Comment