Friday 2 December 2011

RIP Parry Hotter!

2 December 2011

Today is long awaited big day.  Today is the day that the Parry Hotter saga on DVD comes to an end.  I must say that I've enjoyed the films more than I did the one attempt to read the first book - that was dire!  My Domestic Supervisor has made it clear that I am to go out to Asda and get a copy of #7 part 2, if there's any left when I get there.

A sad story on the front page of the News this morning.  A family has lost all their possessions in a house fire.  Luckily they survived.  Less than 4 weeks before Christmas this family is now more or less homeless.  That is on its own very sad.  But what it makes it even worse is that the fire was caused by faulty Beko fridge-freezer, a fault that the manufactures know all about and have done nothing to inform owners of the dodgy models of the problem!   That is not just sad, in my mind its criminal negligence and the family here in Dorktown ought to be making a claim for the full cost of the fire against Beko.

Dorktown Crimble lights gets the big switch on tomorrow night.  I had it in my head it was tonight for some reason.  I'm sure it used to be on Friday night.  Whatever, it's tomorrow night.  Not sure if we will be going doing down though.  We would have to use the scooters and in big crowds they are not very clever.  We're not keen on big crowds anyway.  I was hoping to get away for the day tomorrow as well but as with all the crowds in town trying to find parking spaces and with our street being just off town centre we will not get back in if we move the car tomorrow.  So that idea is out the window too.  Mind you, we do have a few items on order that just might get delivered tomorrow - you can never tell with Royal Fail can you?

One of ordered items is one of those digital pens.  I've decided to have a go with one and see how well they work.  Normally when I go out I call in to a pub and will sit and do a bit of writing while I'm there.  Having the ability to be able to download to the lappy after should be good and will save me from having to type it all up once I get home.  If it works as well as the reviews I've read claim then it will save me the price of a netbook which I was going to use for the same purpose.  The downside of course is that having spent all that money on the pen, if it doesn't work as well as I hope it will, I may still end up having to get a netbook ;-)))          

Yesterday while I was out and about I bought a Maily Dale.  I finally got around to finishing it this morning.  There was the story of plain greed in North Wales that staggered me.  A pair of sisters managed to play one government agency off against another one to the tune of £131,000 before they were eventually  stopped.  It was an even bigger scam that caused their downfall.  They tried to claim back over £100m in VAT on a deal with a football club.  It staggers the imagination when you think of how these people think up these scams.  I'm sure the writers among my readers here would just love to be able to think up such plots.  I Know I would! 

Last night we sat and watched a DVD, John Q, starring Denzel Washington and my all time favourite actor Robert Duvall.  It was a terrific film.  Issued in 2001 I'm wonder thought just how much of it was a Clinton based propaganda effort to try to improve the health care in the USA.  The film certainly makes it clear just how lucky we are at the moment to get the vast majority of our medical for free at the point of delivery.  How long that will last I wouldn't like to think about!

So that's it for today folks.  Remember, 23 days left till Crimble Day ... and then we can starting about the next one in 2012 ... that is, if the Mayan calendar isn't right ;-))) 

Oh yes ... this from the Rochdale Sage ...
The 1st Affair

A married man was having an affair
with his secretary.

One day they went to her place
and made love all afternoon.

Exhausted, they fell asleep
And woke up at 8 PM.

The man hurriedly dressed
and told his lover to take his shoes
outside and rub them in the grass and dirt.

He put on his shoes and drove home.

'Where have you been?' his wife demanded.

'I can't lie to you,' he replied,

'I'm having an affair with my secretary.
We had sex all afternoon.'

She looked down at his shoes and said:

'You lying bastard!
You've been playing golf!'

No comments:

Post a Comment