Monday 5 December 2011

Bright and sunny day

5 December 2011

Mornin' all.  It's a bright sunny day out there today but Jan says a bit nippy so I'll be wrapping up well when I go off for shopping later today.  So what is happening in Dorktown today then ...

There's a young girl, Paige who lives in the town who needs and operation to help her walk properly.  Sadly she can't have the operation here in the UK and has to go to the States to get it done.  The result is that there's a big find raising effort  going to get her over there to have the job done.  Whenever you see Paige in the News she has a huge smile on her face and I'm sure it brightens up many people's day just seeing it.  Well, on Saturday I actually met he in town and I am happy to report that she is just as happy and smiling in real life as she is in the paper.  Sadly I couldn't support her as much as I would have liked but I did give a contribution to help. 

Here's some of Saturday's photos ...
A buzzard being looked after ath the local wildlife charity, an amazing bird that one.
I don't think he wanted his pici taken ;-)))  Part of an ad campaign going on.
Someone once said, "Catch the kids, catch the parents."  It happened here OK.
Three of these monsters were in town on Saturday.  This one was being used to let kids have a ride inside it.  They loved it too.
Just three members of an excellent jazz band playing in town.
A happy young lady on the phone.
Lastly, the River Anker from the bridge by the bus station.
And here's another ...

You might be thinking it's a strange one but here here's the story ... I ordered an epen last week if you remember and at the same time I also ordered a set of refills.  Well the refills arrived today and just look at the size of them!  They're tiny!  I can't see them lasting very long at all.  A busy writer would need to make sure he has a set of them to hand when he sets about writing I should think.  Some writers actually hand write all their work and then type it up.  The idea of these pens is that you can still do that but by using the attached device it records the word electronically as well as giving you a hard copy.  Then you upload the lot to a PC and edit as normal.  It will be interesting to see just how well and long those refills last!  The other point is the amount fo packing used for them.  Theyw ere in a small envolope which was attached to a white card which was inside that huge box.  I took the photo on a sheet of A4 paper to give an indication of the sixe the refills.

I've been trying to fill the gaps in my NaNo effort over the last few days.  So far I've filled in a couple and also changed part of the plot a wee bit.  It's actually quite hard work really.  So far I've only increased the word count by around 4000 words.  There's more to do, a lot more but I don't think it will be all that long a novel when it's done n dusted.  I'll be pleased by that cos I have a plan lined up which I want to get started on too.  I won't say what it is yet but this is one that I hope will really take off in a big way.

So what else has been happening then?  Oh yes, did you see Antiques Roadshow last night.  Who would have thought that a Rolf Harris painting would be expected to sell for £50,000?  Surprising isn't it?   And had you heard of that place it was held at before last night?  I hadn't. 

Jan had a number of letters in the post today, three of them from the same place all with the same leaflet inside them.  Some firms have either too much dosh on hand or not enough business sense to sort out their mailing list properly! 

Enough of my prattling for today folks ... time I made a coffee methinks.     

No comments:

Post a Comment