Saturday 10 December 2011

Internet poblems, jumping cursor, football ... major hick-ups in Dorktown

10 December 2011

I don't know why I'm writing this today, my lappy isn't seeing our router for some reason.  It is working, Jan's on the 'net right now, so I don't know why I can't get on.  It does pick up others though and actually connected to an unsecure BT hub somewhere local.  I'll try again later ... ... ...

We are due to have Kile over night tonight.  He's going to a party over lunch time and Jan will pick him up after that.  I shall be in town having a look at the market and hopefully getting some new photos as well.
My problem with the jumping cursor is still here and I still have to be careful as to where my text appears on the screen.  Seems like £20 for a new mouse was down drain then. 

Nothing much in the Telegraph this morning.  A thug has been banned from attending footie matches for three years after fighting the cops sometime.  Ah, what a shame ... maybe it should have been 3 years in side.  Now, I don't want you to get the idea that I don't like footie but when I become the Prime Muppet in London I shall ban footie and execute all the so called players into the bargain  Actually, I used to like it at one time. 

I started work at a factory in Bed'th where all the guys were Coventry City fans.  So I began going to watch it at Highfield Road.  I quickly found that there was a major problem at Coventry City.  They would stop trying once they were , winning comfortably.  here's an example ... one Saturday we went over to see the City v Rotherham game.  At 10 minutes before final whistle City were 3-0 up and we thought that was it, and left early to make sure we got on the one of the buses back home.  We sat there waiting when the rush came and couldn't believe what we were hearing.  City lost 3-5!  See what I mean, a comfortable lead and they just gave up.  Then I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life!

I took my younger brother over one time.  What a howler of a mistake that was.  It ended up with me thinking that if we took 'the City' and 'Cliff and the Shadows' out of the English language he would have been speechless!  It was Dave's constant "CityCityCity" that did it for me.  I finally stopped going after joining the Army in 1967, the year City was promoted to the old Division 1. Things haven't change all that by the looks of it. 

One problem solved then, the internet is working OK now so I can post this now it's finished ;-)))    

No comments:

Post a Comment