Sunday 25 December 2011

Merry Christmas

25 December 2011

As you are all aware, yesterday was Christmas Eve.  I'm sure I don't need to tell you that.  But it was also another day to take note of.  Sunrise was at 0805hrs; sunset was at 15.55hrs.  Do you know what that means?  No?  Well Christmas Eve this year was also the shortest day, that is, it had the shortest amount of day light this year.  What it also means is that from today, Christmas Day, the days will begin to draw out buy a couple of minutes each day.  Of course, we won't see all that much of a change until late January, but I thought you might like to know that it won't be long to start looking to book next year summer holidays ;-)))
 
So how is your current holiday going then?  Last night I opened my bottle of Ardmore, and very nice it was too.  I have an hour to myself while Jan is at church.  After that, we shall both just sit around and have a nice quite time.  Well, part from phone calls to and from various family members, all Jan's brothers and sisters and our daughter Lynda in Antrim.  And is pretty much it for us.  So I hope all you all have a nice pleasant time for the rest of today.        

No comments:

Post a Comment