Saturday 24 December 2011

Times up!

24 December 2011

That's it then; if you haven't got it all by now you've just about missed out this year.  I know it's only just after midday but with traffic and queues in shops and so on, I don't fancy being out trying to get anything done now.  The next big question is, "How much as it cost me this year?"  Can you here your credit cards moaning in your wallets/purses?  No?  Then lucky you!  There will be a lot of folks feeling the pinch in two weeks time.

So what are you going to do now?  For me it won't too much at all.  Jan is off to see mother and take her presents and then is off to get some fuel in the car.  I don't envy her that trip!  Me, well, I shall make a start by ... answering the phone.  As I typed that me old mate Bill Howe phoned me.  So I'll start again ... or I would if I could remember what I was going to do ;-)))  Actually, I shall be staring to get our turkey breast ready for tomorrow.  Last year we had sausage egg and chips but this year we decided that we go the traditional route. 

So has had a stent fitted; well bully for him then!  I had one fitted about 5 years ago and although it can be dangerous, there's a chance that it might bring on a heart attack, it's not really an uncomfortable procedure.  But he is 90 years old and that could well make a difference.  I'm not a royalist in any way but I do hope he gets over it soon. 

No snow this year then.  The kids will be upset I suppose.  Of course it does cause problems for the Big Red Man ... does he put wheels or skis on the sleigh ;-)))       

Have a nice time folks ... I intend to!

No comments:

Post a Comment