Thursday 15 December 2011

Dorktown lights and the past catching up ,,, again!

15 December 2011

I had a day off yesterday just for the fun of it.  In the afternoon I went off down town for a look around - twice - seeing as I forget something the first time.  Anyway, after a pint of Bah Humbug ...

in the Willy White I got outside to find the market being packed up, vans all over the place making it difficult to get through on me scooter.  BUT ... seeing as it was by then just after 4pm the natural light was and the Dorktown Crimble lights could be seen to full effect.  Here's the result of some of them ...



Do you remember people from your past?  I wish I could!  I met a lass at the doorway of Smudges Place yesterday and she knew me a long straight away.  I didn't know her.  She pointed out that we had gone through school together but still the penny didn't drop.  I then told her about meeting up with someone else outside Aldi some years ago ... opps ... it was here and I still hadn't recognised her.  Ah well ... ... ...

In the News today there is a piece about the amount of dosh spent by the council on salaries for suspended workers.  It amounts to around £18,000.  I'm not surprised by that really and would think it's a bit low really.  But the council wastes more money than that on silly ideas.  There's the new 20 mph zone on Queens Road.  Instead of erecting the normal signs and then painting '20 MPH' on the road, they put up the sings then laid road surface level brick central markings in the road.  It took several weeks to do the work and I have no idea of the cost, but surely it was more expensive than painting the road!  Not that anyone takes any notice of course. 

We are both off out this afternoon.  We're not going far, just a small run out to before the snow arrives here overnight.  Tomorrow should be interesting seeing as we are due to pick up Jan's new car at 11'o'clock.  All that snow will be good fun I'm sure.  Jan was hoping to get down to Ringwood to see her sister on Saturday but she's not so sure seeing as the weather is so looking bad at the moment.  It will be a relief for me if doesn't go.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment