Monday 12 December 2011

Bloomin' cold!

12 December 2011

I've just got back in from a trip down to town.  All I needed really was some fruit and milk but while I was there I thought a quick trip to Whetherspoons for a drink and I could try out my new e-pen.  By the time I got the milk and fruit I was far too cold to go anywhere else.  Not only that but leaving nice warm shops and going back outside was making me feel even colder.  I was back within 30 minutes!  Never mind, I shall try the pen here later instead.
Front page of the News this morning show a story of KFC possibly taking over the site where a pub used to be.  OK, no problems there then ... accept that sight is on the one way system on the way out of town which will make difficult for people living side of the railway track to get to just for a bit of fried chicken and chips.  Methinks it's the wrong place for fast food outlet, but hey ho, it's up to them enit!

As with all towns and cities in the UK, if not the world, some areas are better than others.  The one that has always had a bad rep here in Dorktown is Camp Hill, a mix of ex-coal board and council houses which became the place where the council ended up putting all the druggie and problem families.  To my mind it is still the same even though it has undergone a massive and expensive regeneration.  So when I see in the News today that the council has spent a large amount of cash on an outside gym, I begin to wonder just what they are up to.  I'll give it a month before it is wrecked!  More good money thrown after bad money.

So then, have you all finished your Crimble shopping yet?  I have, just about.  I shall pop out to get some fresh sprouts and spuds halfway through next week and that's us done.  We're having a turkey breast this year which is more than big enough for us two.  I got it when I got the milk today.  Everything else has been bought, wrapped and hidden ... and don't forget ...

... only 13 days to go ;-)))      

No comments:

Post a Comment