Tuesday 12 May 2015

To write, or not to write; that is tonight's big question



12 May

We have just got back in from shopping and a quick trip into the Hussy for Jan to collect her new adapted shoe so she can use her calliper on it. After nearly two months we have decided that we would call in and see Charlie and Sam in their new booze parlour, the rugby club, just across the road from the Anker … and guess what; they are closed for redecorating. That was a disappointment. We could have gone to the Anker but came home instead. We do have a lot to do and Jan is due out tonight for her home group.

Most writers get asked where they get their story ideas from. Each writer finds them as they come to them, that’s why I like to keep a note book to hand, you never know them the next Harry Potter will come from. As well as writing this blog, I also read quite a few as well. Here’s a link to one of them … http://simonwhaleytutor.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/its-criminal.html. This one is a weekly bog that appears on Monday morning and Simon is full of useful tips for us writers. This weeks’ shows just how easy it is to get story ideas at times.

Last night I got the proofing finished on Finding Our Way. I don’t know about other writers but it seems that after writing so much more since this one was finished, I seem to have forgotten so much of the story line. I found a few places where I was surprised by what happened. Strange that; I wonder if others are the same.

With Jan going out tonight I’m not sure what I will be doing. I recorded Bag of Bones, based on a Steven King novel. We’ve seen it before and Jan wasn’t all that fussed on watching it again, so I might sit and watch it while she is out. Or … I might get on and get some writing done. See how I feel later I suppose.       

I’ve just managed to get an answer for the GPs and make a phone appointment over my low B12 count. The lass said that it was nothing urgent so not to worry; bloody good job too, the appointment is for next Wednesday afternoon! Crazy! While we were out I bought a Maily Dale cos of the front page story about kids not being seen by GPs and having to go to A&E, all down to a contract that allows GPs to opt out of on-call and weekend work. Sadly I have to report that this contract was dreamed up by the last Labour government. Even though I am Labour through and through, truth be told, they are just as bad as each other.

Today’s photo then … 

an old guy sat having a fag. That is one game I am very pleased I didn’t take up!

Today’s funny …

A bloke sees a sign saying "racehorse for sale: £10". He pays the money, takes it home and lets it out the horse box. The horse gets out and gallops straight into a tree. Then he gets up and runs straight into a fence. The guy goes back to the farmer and says: "You've sold me a blind racehorse" and the farmer says: "It's not blind; it just doesn't give a toss."

No comments:

Post a Comment