Tuesday 26 May 2015

No patience!



26 May

Rainham was a washout for us yesterday; maybe washout isn’t the right word but we were disappointed with the day over all. OK, we added four birds to the year list but the total count was less than forty. Added to that, my useable photo count was just two, and they were taken at the same time and are of Kile, not anything else. On the way home Jan was telling Kile that when she goes out birding by herself, sits around waiting for birds a lot longer than I do. And you know what? She’s right, I don’t like sitting around for ages in a hide with nothing happening out side. But what of my poor photo count?

Yesterday I used my hide clamp to try to steady the camera. It worked, sort of, but not well enough. Part of the problem was that I couldn’t lock the head and it kept slipping down. I ended up holding it steady and firing the stutter manually. Two problems there then; 1, I should have spent more time playing with the thing to find out how best to work with it before I tried using it; 2, I had my remote shutter gadget in my nag and forgot about it. So now I know – but will I remember?

I hate having my photo taken by others, not because I don’t actually object to it, but because I think they take far too long in doing it. When Jan does one I say to her, ‘You take too long. By the time you’ve done one I can get half a dozen shots done.’ And yes, I do mean that too. That is where my biggest problem photo problem lies, I really do need to slow down! I’m far too impatient when I’m out with my camera. Off go snapping at all and sundry and my shots can all look the same, or at least similar. B slowing down I will see better shots and become more creative.

Slowing down was something that happened last night, and not by my intention. We were up at six and on the way by 7.20. We arrived back here around 6.30 in the evening, and I was knackered! I was in bed by 9.20 and settled an hour later. By that time I was struggling to read the photo-mag I took through me, there was no way I was going to try Game of Thrones! This morning I was up at around 9 0’clock.

But you know what? I’ve been feeling tired for ages now. When the GP phoned me last week he said that low B12 level can lead to anaemia but added that I wasn’t anaemic. But I wonder just how low my iron count is? He didn’t actually say. So now I’m on the supplement he prescribed twice a day, mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Well, I’m taking them when I take my normal pills; that way they are spread out throughout the day. I tried his way and kept forgetting them. Now I don’t forget them.

Today’s photo can’t be anything else but yesterday shot of Kile …



And today’s funny …

 An elephant robs a bank and the police ask the witness, "Would you recognise him again?" and the witness says: "No, he was wearing a stocking over his head."      

No comments:

Post a Comment