Friday 1 May 2015

Buses and fraud



1 May

I got up feeling vey queasy this morning; actually I felt the same when I settled last night too. What caused it I just don’t know but today I’m not going to overload my stomach and see if it eases. So far it seems to have done. Just lately I’ve also felt a bit stuffed, bloated sort-of-thing. Last time I was like this was just after I was put in the diabetes medication. I’m hoping I don’t have to play silly sods with that again now!

Just been watching the news and yet another battle bus was shown. Since all three main parties are using one, I wonder what happens to them after the election; I would hope they got converted back for regular use. The other thing is that by the looks of things the leaders only use the buses from a location arrival point to the venue where they are due to speak. Am I the only one who see these things are a waste of money?

I was horrified by last night’s Fraud Squad. The arrogance of the main to players in land sale scam was unbelievable. There were, on bail for fraud and money laundering and once released they go off and set another company and start another scam using carbon credits instead of land. There was no shame or guilt on display in any of them, including the wife of one and the mother of the other man. The sentences given were a joke too. One who pleaded guilty got 4 years, the one who went to trial got 31/2 years. A third guy got two years. These are just not long enough considering the devastation these people have caused their victims.

What do you make of the new cycling race around Yorkshire? They said on the news that the first leg from Bridlington to Scarborough, was 108 miles long. Strange that they want to go the long way round; it’s only about 10 miles up the coast road. Yes, I know, I’m being silly again. We are hoping to get up to Brid for birding at Bempton. It will our first visit in around two years. From there we would go down across the Humber and head for Blacktoft Sands too. That makes it a good birding day.     

My wee game of trying to get away without renewing Office 365 hasn’t worked, so later this afternoon I will have to try to do renewal. Never mind – but I am surprised that 365 has started up OK today seeing as I haven’t done it. Bloody MS software, can any of us be assured we have working properly I wonder.

Last night tried reading some more of Game of Thrones but was far too tired and gave up in just under an hour. I shall get back to it tonight and see how I get on with it. Right now I can feel the tiredness coming on again.

Today’s photo … 

Bluebells.
       
And today’s funny …

My favourite game is “Professional Dog Walker or Crazy Person?”

No comments:

Post a Comment