Thursday 21 May 2015

A shoirtie



21 May  

I’m late sitting down to do this today, simply because I went into town for a wobble around. Later I met up with Jan in the Felix Holt so I had a curry for the first time in months. I also had a pint of Carling too, and left half of it, just couldn’t get on with it at all. The main reason for the walk about was to get some more photos, which I did. Now I have a decent amount to work with I can clear the card ready for Saturday when we take Kile out for the day.

Some of railway workers are going on strike over the bank holiday, I’m sure you don’t need to be reminded of that but they certainly know when cause the most inconvenience to the travelling public. I know of at least one guy who will not be able to do what he had planned, simply because he had hoped to use the trains to get to his location. At some time these lazy arseholes will learn they can’t depend on public sympathy when they want to strike. Let’s face it, they are not the lowest paid workers in Britain are they, so why should we support them. No, sorry, they don’t have my support!

The other reason I wanted to go out today was to get my copy of You Are Dead, by Peter James. I went into Smiths first and saw it in the going for half price at £10. Waterstones just across the road had it too but with a £5 sticker on the front. So I mentioned Smiths price, and they price matched it for me. Sorry Peter, but I can’t afford to pay full price when I can get it at half price. I also bought A Clash of Kings, #2 in the Game of Thrones books. I thought #1 was a large book at 800 pages, the new one is larger still by over 100 pages. At least I have enough to keep me going for some time now.

For today’s photo then, here is the first from today’s set … 

A frilly tulip.

Today’s funny …
What's red and sits in the corner?
A naughty strawberry.    

No comments:

Post a Comment