Tuesday 19 May 2015

Dieting yo-yo



19 May   

Wakening up this morning was very hard. I just couldn’t shake off the sleep. Even now I feel as if I am ready to fall asleep again at any moment. It’s not often that this happens to me, for which I am grateful. Anyway …

Tomorrow I have a phone appointment with Dr Jennings over the B12 levels. From what the diabetic nurse was saying I have to have a series of injections a three week period and then a monthly top up. I suppose if I ate a lot more green veg I wouldn’t need them. I’ll have a look at making a few changes then. I seem to be always making changes and it’s really starting to bug me though.

A few months ago I bought a copy of Reverse Your Diabetes by Dr David Cavan. The main thrust of the book is to make changes to your diet to beat diabetes. The main change he suggests is to cut back on all the carbs in the diet. A programme on telly a few weeks ago suggested that something like the Atkins diet was the way, but also including the fatty groups within it. I don’t know about you, but I get confused with all the dietary advice I keep seeing and hearing from different sources. Of course people will have their own agendas to push, and that doesn’t help at all. The other major factor for me is that I find it very hard to exercise without causing a lot added pain in my back and hips.

Cutting back on the food is one thing, burning more calories is something else, and it’s the combination of both of the above that gives the best results. OK, fine; but hang on mow … What if you don’t hungry when meal time comes around? It’s like last night and yet again I had a couple of toasted batches but it was only because I knew I had to eat something, not because I wanted to. We were supposed to be having one and half batches each, but Jan couldn’t manage her half batch, so I had it. Kile is due here on Friday, and again I shall be having something which we both like, but more than likely I won’t actually want it.

And then Saturday comes along and we are looking at getting up early to go to Rainham Marsh RSPB site for a day’s birding. On that day we be taking sandwiches and so on for lunch/dinner. But what will I have on them I wonder? I have cheese in the fridge along with tines of tuna which I like, even mores so sweet corn and mayo. A pack of crisps and a nicey bar of some sort, and perhaps for me a couple of bits of fruit. We’ll see later.

We have started doing this again so we can cut down on the cost of trip. Calling in for a Big Mac sees us parting with the best part of £15 for the three of us. That is an added expense that in reality we don’t need spend. Sunday will be a roast chicken dinner, and it all starts again with me not feeling hungry for days afterwards. It’s no wonder my weight yo-yos.

Today’s photo … 

Katkins on the tree just outside our back door.

Today’s funny …

Two middle aged Jewish ladies walking down the street. One says: "You know, I'm having an affair. "
And the other responds: "Really? Who's doing the catering?                

No comments:

Post a Comment