Wednesday 13 May 2015

A bigger job than we thought!



13 May   

We are ready for the council guy to arrive sometime this afternoon. Jan says this one is bring swatches so we can chose which bits we want when they eventually get to do the job. Tomorrow is the planer/designer and Friday it’s the sparky’s turn. All it needs then is waiting for them to get on with the job. Remember though, this is the council I’m speaking of, not a contractor of my choice. This place will be a real pain in arse while it’s being done too and cooking dinner will be fun. Luckily, we rescued the small lecy cooker we bought Tom, so we will have that at least; and we have the fryer too.

I sat watching Bag of Bones last night and said she wouldn’t mind watching it, so I stopped it and rewound it to the start ready for watching today. However (and I don’t want to give anything away here), the story revolves around a bestselling writer who has lost the impulse in writing. It had me thinking yet again that I really do need to get on and write. And yet … I have very little interest in doing so and haven’t had for some time now. Jan even suggested that I had become ‘written out’ now. That could be worrying for a full time writer, but for the hobbyist like me it’s not anywhere near as big a problem.

Jan was talking of heading out to Kingsbury today but she wasn’t feeling so good when she got up; nothing serious, just a bit under the weather sort of them. Anyway, I am still looking to go to Leicester on Friday. With that in mind I had a look at my Leicestershire A-Z map. I don’t know the city very well really, so I surprised to find the huge great Watermead Country Park just off the A46 north of the city http://www.leicscountryparks.org.uk/watermead-visitor-information/. I won’t be doing it on Friday though, that’s one for both of us, and probably Kile too. It certainly looks as though we can around there but I’ve emailed them to ask anyway. It’s a pretty large site too by the looks of it so I’m not sure we could do it all in go. We’ll see when we get there then.

Our council visitor arrived and is getting on with doing all the paperwork on the choices we’ve made. So I’ve asked when it will be done, August/September time perhaps … well, you know what she means perhaps. I also asked how long will it take? Fourteen working days! That is going to be a nightmare. And yet that’s not the worse bit. The work surfaces are as they now is around 6” to narrow; if it wasn’t like that the amount of space in there would really tight. Not only that, the council demands that the surfaces are as deep as the cooker is, which means our kitchen space will be very tight after it’s all done. Our next concern will be where to store all our appliances. The fridge and freezer can stand in the hallway but where do we put the washer, dryer and cooker? Me eds aching already!

So now we come to photo time … 

A herring gull.

And today’s funny …

Neil Armstrong lands on the Moon and says the words: "Over to you, Gretsky." Everyone's confused and asks him what does he mean but he refuses to reveal it. However, he's at a 20-year reunion for the Moon landing and he's asked once again: "Why did you say, 'Over to you, Gretsky'?" "Well," he says, "when I was younger I used to live beside an old couple called the Gretskys. They always argued, and his wife said to him: "The only time you'll get oral sex is when man walks on the Moon."         

No comments:

Post a Comment