Sunday 24 May 2015

All summer long ...



24 May  

We called off our day out for yesterday and we’re now looking at going tomorrow. It worked out that we had far too much to allow us to go yesterday; it’s done now so tomorrow is now on. Well, at least for now, we can never be 100% sure of anything here in Jaronland.

Another strange dream again last night, yes, another strange on. This time I was riding in a horse drawn mobility scooter. Our son Tom was with me and he thought it was all very funny. We visited my old primary school in Arley and while we were there the horse bolted and fell over taking the scooter thing with it. Tom and me were tipped out, and Tom was still laughing and even more so when he saw that my camera was smashed by it. I had to try to get back home so waited for a tram, in an area where trams have never ran, there were no rails or overhead power cables either. AT that point I saw member of a camera club out on shoot and I tried to join in, but couldn’t because my camera was smashed. Then I was in a hut with a mud floor and lots of camera bits sticking up everywhere … and Jan woke me. No wonder I love Jan.

At times I wish I could remember all my dreams in full detail; I could turn them all into stories then. It was a dream that gave me Arathusia, which now stands at 3000 words; it will be added to later today. And while that is happening my reading of fantasy books moves on too. I have around 150 pages of Game of Thrones and on me Kindle I am around 62% way through Rise of the Dragons. I went looking for the follow up last night but it isn’t there yet, but a lot more of her books are, 17 in one series.

Any idea as to what is going in the world? I didn’t seeing as I haven’t seen any news since Friday. The last item I saw was about a 4.sumat earthquake in the south east. No casualties or damage were reported at that time, but hopefully it woke them all up to the fact that they are not the centre of the known universe.

It’s the time of year when all the fares and displays are being held. I’m hoping to get to a few this year. Last year I went to a truck fest in Uttoxeter and was rather disappointed with it. I don’t know what I was hoping for but lots of trucks lined up side by side really wasn’t for me. However, if I could one of buses and coaches, or general transport then I would be interested. There’s a wee village a couple of miles from us that holds a steam fare every two years and it should be on this year; that is one I have really fancied. Car boot sales are starting up again and that’s another load of them to go point a camera at. Dorktown’s carnival is due next month on the second Saturday. The parade has been getting smaller for years now, but the side shows on the field arena are usually worth a look at.

And so to Today’s photo … 

It’s one of the trucks from last years’ truck fest.

And today’s funny …

A mother buys her son two ties for his birthday. Next time she sees him he's only wearing one of them, so she says to him "What, didn't you like the other one?"         

No comments:

Post a Comment