Saturday 30 May 2015

No discpline



30 May  

Over the years we have gathered a lot of photos. Since we moved in here 3 years ago we have been threatening to get them sorted out. There are a lot of repeats in them and it’s time we did something about it. So we have got them out and will go through them this afternoon. There is also a photo album that belonged to my dad but it has got me more than a little puzzled though. The front of the album has HMS Berwick on it, yet dad didn’t serve in her at all. Anyway, once I have sorted it out I’m passing it on to the Royal Navy Museum in Portsmouth. I’ve been in contact with them and they are willing to accept it. Now, do I post it, or do I take it down … good reason for ride out eh … … …

The idea we had was to shred the photos we don’t want to keep as we sort them. That came to a stop when Jan turned it on and wouldn’t work. Oh dear … I’ve not finished sorting them yet, about 2/3 through, even after 3 ½ hours. I’ll get back to it tomorrow.

It’s happened again; yesterday I sat and typed the two above paragraphs, and that’s as far as I got with it. Even today I don’t really feel up to writing more, but if I don’t, I can see me not doing any more writing at all, and it is something I would hate to happen. It’s all down the discipline really. Even after 12 years in the army I’m still not disciplined enough. Whatever, it’s time to move on again now.

The Prime Muppet is again trying to write his name in history. Doesn’t he realise that by being PM he has already done it? Of course, what he really wants to do is make sure he is remembered as being a PM who actually did something useful for the UK. He has already broken one promise by not getting rid of the much maligned Human Rights Act. But you what, I have feeling though that he will be remembered more for allowing IDS to introduce changes to the welfare state that has led to so many people who have killed themselves because of the changes. Then there are changes to the NHS, leading up its privatisation. Will allowing and in/out referendum on the EU be all that he hopes for? Personally I would sooner be out than in; however, the referendum will be a once only choice and once the choice is made we will all be stuck with it.

Money is tight, or supposed to be at least, so why do we need four new Trident submarines? Why do we need nuclear arms at all? And what of the two new 60,000 ton aircraft carriers? It looks as though HS2 will be going ahead even though the cost has just about doubled by now. And all to save 20 minutes on a train journey. India has said it doesn’t need aid from Britain, so why do we still give the £650 million? While all this is dosh is being spent of given away, people are starving, more and more people and being made homeless And suicide rates are growing because of the unfairness brought in over the last five years. Nope, I think the PM will be remembered for all the wrong reasons, a 20th Century Nero playing his harp while the country crashes and burns behind him.

So today’s photo then … 

A dog rose.

And today’s funny …

This 7ft bloke goes to his local swimming pool for a job as a lifeguard. First thing they ask him is: "Can you swim?" He eventually says: "I can't. But I can wade out pretty far.            

No comments:

Post a Comment