Thursday 7 May 2015

So much time, so little done ...



7 May

Well, the big day is here at long last and now we will find out just what we have in store for us for the next … I was going to say five years but maybe not. The news yesterday lunch time had a guy on speculating on the time line for the next few months. It seems that if no party get a clear majority and can’t reach a deal with any of the others, then we could be here at this point again sometime in July. I bloody well hope not!

Later today we will going out trying to find that place that Diane told us about. Google Earth is useful lots of times and looking for that place was no exception. One landmark Diane spoke about was a Ford dealer; I found it but it’s not in Shenton, it’s in Ratcliffe Culey, a good distance from Shenton. We would be going well out of our way our get there and would eventually cross the A444 too. If we don’t find it today, then Jan has said we won’t be trying again.

I shall be taking one of my cameras with me today though; I missed a few nice shots the other day because I forgot to take one. As it was Jan had one in here hand bag, a small Sony compact. It wouldn’t have been much use though seeing as the battery was flat. The battery is OK now though and she can slip it into her bag again. I’ve also ordered a couple of spare batteries for it too.  

Today I shall take my D5200 with me. The latest issue of NPhoto has an article about the best settings for various subjects/genres. Normally I have mine set on aperture priority with ISO and white balance set on Auto. The reason for that is that I tend to forget to change the settings as I move about during a normal day’s shooting.  The auto settings seem to deal with most situations without problems; what it doesn’t I can sort out using Photoshop. What I would much prefer is to get it right in camera and only use PSE12 for converting and resizing. Oh the dreams we all have eh … … …

The whole idea behind this blog was to write about, well, my writing. As it is though, this now the only writing I am doing. At least I am getting something done on an almost daily basis. Yesterday afternoon I did manage to get three more chapters in And Bristol Fashion proof read. This is the fourth time it has been done. What I really need is an editor, however, I can’t afford to get it done professionally. Even so, I really need to get my finger out and get some more work done actually writing.

I wish I get Amazon CreateSpace to work properly though. My paperback copies I have here were printed in the States and they can take up to a month to get here. That’s far too slow; I need to get them printed here in the UK, however I’m struggling to find out how to do it here. I’m hoping LULU can do it for me.

So Now I have to find a photo … 

A couple of wigeon.

And today’s funny …

After catching her five-year-old son Lucas trying to pull a fast one, his mother demanded, “Do you think I have idiot written on my forehead?”
Lucas answered, “I don’t know. I can’t read.”


No comments:

Post a Comment