Monday 8 August 2016

Trying to catch up


8 August


Fun and games this morning; when I open the lappy I had a message to restart for an update to be applied. I kicked to do so; only I forgot about the Word doc I had open at the time, this one actually. Luckily I’ve been able to recover the two entries I’d lost. Makes a difference that. Last time it happened I lost nearly a months’ worth. In the past I have recorded on here the word count, well the document now stands at 751,500+ words. It would be have been at that point some time ago without the loss of earlier this year. Actually, they are still available on the on-line version, but it would take ages to copy back a months’ worth of work.


As for my recovery, we are both happy with it at moment. I’m moving a lot better easier and feeling pretty good al round. Well, apart from one thing that is; bowel movements. I hadn’t had anything to eat for two days and very little liquids either. By last night it felt like I was sitting on a steel rod, thankfully that has now gone. But I still need to increase my liquid intake now so I don’t get in the same state again. I’m due to get my staples out on Wednesday, however, Jan has two different appointments on Wednesday too and my appointment is slap bang in the middle of the two. There’s no way she could get me in between them. We should have cheeked it earlier but we forgot and only realised this morning when we turned the page on our diary. There is one thing I have to keep in mind, it not to rush it and do too much, but what is too much? Ah well …


Every so often Dorktown hosts a classical car rally in the town centre. This year it was over this last weekend, and I’ve missed it. But that’s not all I’ve missed though; a continental market has been held over the last few days too. I do like to visit them to try some of food that’s on offer. A lot of the other goods on offer do tend to be expensive so although it’s nice to look at, it’s even nicer to walk away without buying anything. Same as the Brum Christmas Market, the best one we’ve ever attended. Food it great (for me that is, Jan won’t try it), but even though pricey, we have bought a few odds and ends there which have caught our eye. We’ve still got most of them too.


The news has just started on the telly and one story that has caught my attention, is that we have a tendency to fib about how much eat, and that makes the calorie counting a waste of time. I wonder how much that has cost us tax payers? It really is amazing how much money and what it’s spent on research projects. I mean, what on earth our they going to do with the info that we tell fibs about our eating habits. So bloody silly; or is it? There’s a major obesity problem here in the UK, but any strategy to reduce it, might be failing because of it, so maby it’s not quite so pointless.  


What a lovely day it is out there today, and I’m stuck in here. We do have our rear door open and are getting loads of fresh air in. So now for a photo


Coventry in the sun.


Today’s funny …


Why did the football coach give his team lighters?
Because they kept losing all their matches.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment