Wednesday 24 August 2016

2-4-1


24 August


Sorry about yesterday’s lack of a blog folks; I’d come to stop when I felt I was waffling just to fill in space. You’ll probably see what I mean when get down to it. Today’s is late because I fancied a run into town on me scooter, and with all that lovely sunshine out there, I just couldn’t resist. I got back in around half-hour ago, got changed, made a coffee and with of garibaldis I can get on with things.


The Wednesday market is on today, I say ‘market’ a wee bit cagily, simply because of the low number of stalls there. However, one stall is a bookstall and today I found two books I’ve been looking for, for some time now, Peter James’ Billionaire and Ian Rankins’ The Complaints. Not my only book purchase today though; in The Works their 3 for £5 is now 4 for £5; come on now, what reading addict can refuse that? Not me, so there are two Val McDermid, a Peter May and a Kathy Reichs.


I wanted next week’s telly pages so I popped into Smudges for them, and right in front of me was the new Parry Hotter book. Of course, I had a look at it, even if I didn’t fancy it. Having seen it, I won’t be buying it. I’ve read a number of complaints about it because it isn’t a novel, it’s script. There’s been enough fuss over it and all the buyers had to do was look inside it and they would have known; so, no sympathy from me then. Besides, it might have Rowling’s name on the front, but she didn’t write it. I did leave Smudges with the telly pages, along with the Times and Computeractive.


Did you see that bit on the news last night where Corbyn was photographed sat on the floor of a train complaining about there being no seats? I did, and I’m not surprised that Virgin was upset by it and showed him finding and sitting down in a seat. The Times has lead today’s edition on the story, again, I’m not surprised. If it was a stunt it has backfired badly and what concerns me is that it may well cost him the leadership election. Why am I concerned? Simply because of the way the parliamentary Labour party have behaved towards the democratically elected leader. They have ignored the grass roots and this Smith guy is there making a fuss as another way of undermining the democratic process. That is not the Labour Party I supported for as long as I can remember, and they have lost my vote for good. Such antics will not get them back into power.          


Now to what I started yesterday morning …


23 August


Another dream this morning that may help me later take Arathusia forward in some way, so I have made a note of it can expand it later before trying to work it in somewhere, I think I know where it will fit in nicely.


The other day as I was about to settle, a thought came to mind and I quickly made a note of it. Why do these things come just as I’m settling for the night, but this one makes no sense at all considering what it was? Anyway, the was, ‘How do air-lines calculate the weight of their passengers?’ They must use some sort of average I should imagine. But why did it come to mind at that time? We haven’t been thinking or talking about flying off somewhere so it can’t have been that. And that my friends is why I have so many notebooks spread around home, so that I can make the notes as when they come. Who knows when one of them will prove useful somewhere along the line.


Our shopping trip went off OK and I pushed the trolley around for the whole time. By the time we had finished I was starting to pull a wee bit, but overall, it was fine. Carrying in home was a bit more awkward though, but we managed between us. OK, I went to the zoo last week but yesterday was the first of our normal daily runs out, something I am going to have to get on and deal with. Thankfully, I didn’t hurt anything. Mind you, the scab isn’t doing all that much to fall off; at least the wound is fine.


Today’s photo is …


one of the many flowers I snapped at the Zoo.


Today’s funny …


 Where would you be most likely to find a prehistoric cow?
In a moo-seum.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment