Wednesday 10 August 2016

To move home or not to move home?


 


We got ourselves in a bit of a tizwaz over when my clips come out. We knew it was on the 11th, but we got it into our head that it was today. Oh dear … Jan phoned the ward to get it changed cos she has two appointments herself that straddle my appointment time, we couldn’t do all of them. So She arranged it for yesterday instead. It wasn’t until we got home and checked the diary that we had boobed … of dear … But now I can get a shower today, not a stupid stripe wash which never really left me feeling properly clean.


Now the clips are out I can hopefully get on and get something done on me lappy. Sitting with those in was more than a tad uncomfortable, not really painful but enough to make sitting about difficult. I was advised to sit for only around 30 minutes at a time, but come on, what could I do after that, and for how long? I normally sit in a recliner and with that I can lay back and take the pressure of the wound, OK, fine. But laid back like that I can’t do much at all but watch telly or read. What I did find is the I started dropping off to sleep; so when it comes on I’ve been getting mesen back to bed for a couple of hours, and that has helped a lot. I just don’t want to make it a regular item.


We have taken a liking for Escape to the Country, where a couple appear on the BBC and are helped to look for a property. One we watched a couple of days ago had a couple of people looking for a property at the £1 million mark. It struck me at the time that burglars might use the show for prospective targets. Can you see what I’m going with this now? Yes, a house worth a million quid is worth a visit, there’s money in that couple. I know I know, I’m looking at the dark side of it again, It’s something I picked from my mother I think, she only saw the downside of things, never the top side.


Midlands Today yesterday (?) had an item where an island is up for sale at around £200K mark. The island is in the middle of the flow of the River Avon. That river has a tendency to flood fairly frequently, so it’s one we like to own. There’s no lecky, gas or mains water supply, so even at £200K your expenses won’t end at the buying point. It’s an island and to get to it you will need a boat along with car too. Everything you need must be ferried across to the house. The carrying of so much stuff to and from a boat leaves me cold and breathless. I hope the lass selling it can sell, but I’m not sure there will be many takers for it.


Four years ago when we moved into our current home, we agreed there will be no more moves. This is our 9th home in our 36 years of marriage. There’s another show on telly that we have taken to watching too, Escape to the Country – Winter Sun, and that idea does sound a good one. We can’t afford it though, so we can only dream, but the thought of spending the cold British winters in a warmer place and coming back here for our warmer summers does attract us.


A complete move abroad does sound good too. There are a lot of ex-pats living around the Med but right now I should think many of them are now worried about how the BREXIT will affect them, if it ever does. There’s a lot to think about in such a move though and for us, medical care tops the list. Things like broadband and so on come way down the list. A permanent moved abroad is a huge commitment, and I’m sure we are ready or even need to make such a move. The second home idea does sound good to us though.


Today’s photo …


Our Maxi, who I missed while I was in the croc-shop.


 Today’s funny …


Attending a wedding for the first time, a little girl whispered to her mother, "Why is the bride dressed all in white?"
"Because white is the colour of happiness, and today is the happiest day of her life."
The child thought about this for a moment then said, "So why is the groom wearing a black suit?"
         

No comments:

Post a Comment